Switch Multiple Charts back out of Global Simulation Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch Multiple Charts back out of Global Simulation Mode

I can switch multiple charts into global simulation mode, but when I uncheck "gsm" they all stay in sim mode... (NT8)

I've screwed myself out of $145/contract today by accidentally trading in sim mode while chart trader is on but hidden.

HOW do I switch all charts to live cash in one shot?

Thanks!

Tripp

BarefootHank,

Thanks for posting.

There would not be a method available to switch all Accounts drop-down menus to a live account, like a reversal of Global Simulation Mode, but I'm happy to submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to consider the possibility of adding such a feature in a future release of the program.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT8 Will Not Exit Global Simulation Mode by unchecking...

I could really use some input.
      To clarify, I have 8 central charts all with chart trader installed on them.
      When I check Global Simulation Mode, they all immediately go into sim mode.
      When I UNcheck Global Simulation Mode, they STAY in sim mode, making me go to each one of them to activate live cash trading.

I never had a problem with this in NT7.

Certainly there is a simple solution to this?
      What am I missing.

Thanks in advance

Tripp

Comment

Oh gawd... you've got to be kidding me.
        Respectfully, that is crap.
        stone age crap.

Why can you switch in and out of GSM in NT7 but not in NT8?

This has got to be a misunderstanding.
        What you're suggesting is unfathomable.

Comment

What is the point of UNchecking Global Sim mode if it doesn't "Globally Remove" Global Sim Mode?

Comment

Thank you for answering late at night Drew.
            Yes please.
            Please submit another feature request of this most basic feature that protects your customers from catastrophic financial loss, should, say a cat walks across your keyboard or a kid, or a coworker bumps your mouse or lays a file on your desk and accidentally liquidates your account while you're taking a bathroom break.

One MUST be able to enter and exit global sim mode without having to manually lock all of your open charter trader charts out of your cash account.

Am I missing something here as I rant?

Is there another simple way to begin each trading day on the simulator until you have your rithymn and then switch "to guns"? I Never enter a live cash trade first thing. That is an idiotic practice.

Please give us options here.

Thanks
            Tripp

Comment

BarefootHank,

I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with this item. In this case I can confirm that this would be expected behavior. Entering Global Simulation Mode will change each Accounts menu in the workspace to Sim101. However, upon exiting Global Simulation Mode, the live account must be selected before it can be used.

To be sure, I tested and replicated this in both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8. I'm happy to follow up here with a tracking number for this feature request for future reference.
              Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As a final follow up...
                Is there some kind of feature in NT8 that locks out the keyboard or mouse and/or prevents any activity through UI to protect the trader if he walks away from the terminal?
                I haven't had coffee yet this morning so maybe it's a stupid question, but I'd like to be able to see and hear the platform but prevent anyone or anything from accessing the interface at all.
                A quick hot key command attached to this feature would be necessary.

Forgive me if there is already a feature like this.

Comment

There is no 'lock' feature built into NinjaTrader. Currently, we would recommend locking the PC entirely (hot key = Windows Key + L).

I tested this quickly with an alert to see if an alert would execute its action while Windows was locked; It does. In other words, even when Windows is locked NinjaTrader is still running and executing logic. I would recommend testing this further on your end to see if locking Windows will work for you.

I understand that this is not exactly what you'd like as you want to be able to see it as well. I'm forwarding your specific feature request to the Development Team now and I will update this post when I receive a tracking number. EDIT: the tracking number is SFT-2930
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-29-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cls71