Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting default chart template on Strategy Analyzer vs New Chart

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to set the default Chart Template when viewing the Chart in Strategy Analyzer. It looks like it doesn't inherit the one I set when I'm looking at a new Chart.

1. Open a new Chart.
    2. Change the Snap Mode to Price.
    3. Right click on your chart, Templates | Save As Default.
    4. Open Strategy Analyzer.
    5. Backtest Type (Standard), Strategy (Sample MA Crossover) and any date range. Run.
    6. Change Display to Chart. Check Snap Mode and it's still set to Bar.
    7. However, if I right click here and set Templates | Set As Default, it sticks. But when I go back to opening a new chart, it inherits the Chart Template one set by Strategy Analyzer.

Is this correct behavior? Which one takes precedence since it looks like Strategy Analyzer didn't inherit the one I set when I created a new chart.

Hello PN720,

Thank you for your note.

The chart display of the Strategy Analyzer is not intended to load default chart templates, it will always display the same when you first run the backtest. It is true that you can save templates even as default from this chart display but the default templates would only be applied to new chart windows and not strategy analyzer charts.

Please let us if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi Chris,
      Just as clarification.. if you run a report, look at Strat Analyzer Chart and then set a new default, the settings will stay if you run another report. However, it changes the default when you create a New Chart also.
      From your response, it sounds like you're saying that there is no way to save a new Default in Strat Analyzer Chart which is not the way it operates now.
      I just want it to not affect the New Chart also.

Comment

Hello PN720,

Thank you for the reply.

I was referring to new Strategy Analyzer instances in the form of a new tab or a new Strategy Analyzer window. Yes, it is true that if you remain in the same window then the settings stay for further backtests. It is not currently possible to have this new default load if you were to close the Analyzer window, open it again and run the same backtest.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Can we add this as a new request. being able to apply our chart templates and view backtesting results on it seems to be a no-brainer feature.
          it is so frustrating to have to start over with a blank chart when the stratanalyzer is run. and have to manually add indicators to see. Loading a template erases trade-ins...so it's a lose lose.

Are there directions for a workaround in the meantime?

Comment

Hello uelsimon,

Thank you for your note.

I am not aware of any workarounds at this time. We do not have any updates to provide on this request but we are interest. You may refer to our Release Notes page on our Help Guide for information on all the updates with each new release: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Let us know if further questions come up.

Comment

Pls add ability to load templates within NT strategy code.
              Thanks.

Comment

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted a feature request to our development team for the ability to load templates within NinjaScript.

Comment

That feature would be awesome - being able to have a chart template for the strategy analyzer. It's quite tedious to load manually your indicators on each chart every time when backtesting a strategy, especially if you're testing on several instruments at the same time. Thanks for considering this feature!

Comment

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins and RT001,

Thanks for your notes.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4761. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Let us know if we may assist further.
                    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I totally agree with the above requests. I just started using the Strategy Analyzer because I would like to start Auto trading and not being able to save a permanent Chart Template with all added Indicators and changes and than having to reconfigure the entire chart and Indicators every single time a strategy is run is very time consuming and makes the Chart in Strategy Analyzer somewhat useless.

Comment

Hello zimminy,

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote for this.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                        2 responses