Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio Debugging

Hello,
    While trying to debug the code of an custom indicator I receive the following error message in VS: System.ExecutionEngineException: "Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was thrown." After this NT crashes.
    I use latest version of NT (8.0.16.3 64-bit) Visual Studio 2017 (15.9.4) and .NET (4.7.03056).
    For preparing debug I've strictly followed this instruction: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._debugging.htm.
    I've made sure to respect all steps, especially #4 ("Attach to" field is set to "Automatic: Managed code" or "Managed code").
    What can I do?

Hello Knoppers,

This happens when testing any script such as the SMA?

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may test the steps on your end.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,
      yes, it happens while testing any script. I've just written you an email and looking forward to further assistance.

Comment

Has this issue been resolved? I'm experiencing a very similar issue. Whenever, I attempt to attache the latest version on the Visual Studio 2017 debugger to my running instance of NT 8, I receive the 'System.ExecutionEngineException: "Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was thrown."' error and NT 8 crashes. The happens immediately upon attaching to the NT 8 process and before executing the script I am debugging.

Comment

The issue has been resolved, There were several pitfalls during troubleshooting, e.g.:
          - Wrong Visual Studio installation (“Universal Windows platform development” instead of “.NET desktop development”)
          - After an all new installation of NT8 according to the description of the Customer Service Team the behavior was better. But the current values of the variables weren't shown when I added some breakpoints.
          - I've got some log information in VS when NT was already disposed that the exception was caused by a third party add-on (TradingFuturoOrderFlow1.6.dll). After removing this NinjaScript Assambly debugging was working fine.

Comment

Thanks, Knoppers. This problem cropped up last week for me. I'll take a look at my own VS installation. Can you direct me to the VS log file that pointed you to the offending NinjaScript Assembly? I have a couple of new 3rd party extensions that may be causing this.

Comment

I was able to resolve this issue by uninstalling a third party add-on. This resolved the issue. Then, I was able to reinstall the add-on without the problem recurring. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Visual Studio 2022 (v 17.6.4) displays a message regarding "NinjaTrader.Gui.pdb not loaded" after I have launched it from the NinjaScript editor and followed the attach step on this page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._debugging.htm I am running Ninja 8.0.28.0 64-bit

Comment

Hi Bruce, please make sure to right click the NinjaScript Editor>Enable "Debug Mode", then compile by pressing F5, then try Visual studio debugging after this.
                  Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chris, thank you for the response, however I had already done the right-click and enabled Debug Mode. I did it again just now, and still see the message regarding "NinjaTrader.Gui.pdb not loaded".
                    Bruce

Comment

Hi, please first try uninstalling and re-installing Visual Studio. After this, please run a repair of your NinjaTrader installation by logging into your account page, downloading the latest installer and running it.

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes