best computer selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best computer selection?

I am using the strategy analyzer for testing my strategies and finding my computer to slows down and struggling with some of the tasks I am giving it. Using the high order fill resolution is such a task.

If I was to buy a new computer what would be the best area to spend the money on. Would this be the most memory and high spec CPU, most cores and SSD hard drive? I have read your specifications on the minimum requirements for a computer running ninja trader eight but is there a specification that would make the strategy analyzer fly?

Let us say the task given to the computer is to optimize 12 currencies on high order fill resolution with a reasonably complicated strategy? This could take several hours to process, that is if the task completed without the computer freezing.

I am not casting dispersions on ninja trader eight but I am looking for a computer powerful enough to handle the complexities that is possible with ninja trader eight in the quickest time possible.

Would a gaming computer fit the bill as they are built for speed and graphics?

I am not asking for specific configurations but where best to spend the money that you can afford on what areas of a new computer that is going to be used on heavy optimisations.

Many thanks

Hello fredfred,

Thank you for your post.

We do not officially have any specific hardware recommendations outside of the installation guide.

In addition to having sufficient hardware power, you'll want to also make sure your NinjaScript code is efficient as well. The strategy's code has the potential to have a bigger performance impact than any specific hardware item would. Here is a link to the NinjaScript best practices section of the help guide for your reference. If you need any assistance with code optimization or other NinjaScript questions, please start a thread on the NinjaScript sub-forum or write into us at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by fredfred View Post
      I am using the strategy analyzer for testing my strategies and finding my computer to slows down and struggling with some of the tasks I am giving it. Using the high order fill resolution is such a task.

If I was to buy a new computer what would be the best area to spend the money on. Would this be the most memory and high spec CPU, most cores and SSD hard drive? I have read your specifications on the minimum requirements for a computer running ninja trader eight but is there a specification that would make the strategy analyzer fly?

Let us say the task given to the computer is to optimize 12 currencies on high order fill resolution with a reasonably complicated strategy? This could take several hours to process, that is if the task completed without the computer freezing.

Many thanks
      What is your current system?

Where are you running out of resources?

I've never used the analyzer, but if you're not running out of memory or finishing fast enough, a new system might not help you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post kaywai
      by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes