Multiple accounts and algo orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple accounts and algo orders

I'm looking for a solution to automate the exits in my discretionary manual trading. Before I delve into ninjatrader, it would be great to get feedback on whether the following is possible with your software.

1. Simultaneously connect to two separate accounts with one instance of ninja (CQG and IB).
    2. Manually enter the market via DOM. I would be happy to have 2 DOMs open for the same product (1 for each account) to enter trades in both accounts at the same time.
    3. Write my own algos that will be called when trades are filled, or when I elect to call the algo manually.

For my algos I would like the flexibility to code more complex scenarios. An example - if long ES and offer < 2550, sell 100 lots over 5 minutes; clip size random between 3-20 lots, sell at offer but go to bid after 30 seconds.

Is it possible for me to create detailed algos like this with ninjascript? I don't mind a learning curve, just don't want to dive in and find out down the track it isn't possible!

Thanks.

Hello jacko66,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader forums!

1) Yes, please note that to do this would require you to ultimately purchase the multibroker license key in order to access both accounts.
    2) You can have as many doms as you wish, each can be assigned a different instrument and different account or the same instrument and different accounts, etc.
    3) Yes, this can be done. To further clarify:

On the dom you can manually enter a trade and use ATMs to control the exits which you can adjust on the fly as well as preconfigure to suit your trading needs. Please see our help guide section on Automated Trade Management: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gement_atm.htm ATMs while very powerful you would need to move into Ninjascript programming for the more complex strategies. These are written in Ninjascript which is based on C# programming language which allows you to use the full power of C# to accomplish your goals.

You can certainly download and test out NinjaTrader and its capabilities for free, including writing any strategies you wish, you need only purchase a license if/when you are ready for live trading. The only investment is your time. If you are ready to get started, here is a link to the home page where you start by entering your e-mail address: https://ninjatrader.com/
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post KenneGaray  
    Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes