Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linear Time Projection Draw Object

Hello Ninja Community,

For time-based charts, I am looking for a draw object that projects / draws vertical lines at set increments along the x-axis from a given point, like a major pivot for example. This is similar to a Fib Time Extension, except the projection originates from a single fixed point in time and, unlike a fib time extension, is not proportional to a given period. In other words, all I want to do is make a draw object that will automatically draw a vertical line at, say, 7 minutes and 11 minutes and 15 minutes, etc., etc., from a given point like a major pivot.

So, when there is a significant turn in the market, I want to lay down this draw object from that point and have it plot from there in the form of vertical lines any number of arbitrary time increments I define. Again, I am not looking for time cycles with repeating increments, nor am I looking for a fib time extension with proportional increments.

I hope this was helpful and that my description wasn't overly labored.

Thank you for your consideration, and best wishes for the holidays!!
    Last edited by Tagliareni; 12-20-2018, 12:06 PM.

Hello Tagliareni,

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of an existing drawing tool that would provide that capability.

I would add that the fib time extension can be configured for as many lines as you wish at whatever percentages you wish (but, only in percentages).

If you are interested in creating this on your own we can provide you with links to get you started with Ninjascript which is based on C# programming language. You may also want to review the NTT user apps for anything that may get you started as well. Here is a link to the NT User Apps: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/ The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Alternately, if you would like it created for you, perhaps a member of the community will step forward.

You can also consider having the drawing tool created by a 3rd party and if you request we can provide reference links to 3rd party providers of coding services.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the response. Yes, maybe someone in the community would be interested in this. My programming skills are wanting.

I should add that I've already tried setting the fib time extension draw tool to a fixed increment, 10 minutes for example, and adjusting the % extensions to reflect my desired time increments. For example, when drawn to 10 minutes, 120% of the fib time extension = 2 minutes from the 100% line.

However, this method is not very accurate, at least when compared to the ruler drawing tool's time measurements. If I drop a 10 minute fib time extension on a chart and measure out a 440% extension, that should equal 34 minutes from the 100% line. But, when I measure that same length with the ruler drawing tool, the measurements are off by a couple minutes. According to the chart, the ruler seems to be the accurate tool.

Any ideas, Ninja Crew?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
      9 responses
      0 likes