Accounts Tab Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounts Tab Question

I've been testing for the last week a strategy on Sim101 on a Kinetick connection and have noticed that I can't add up everything to get back to the starting account value.

Example:
    All trades use a custom IB Commision Template set to $1.
    Reset Sim101 and give it 20k, US Dollar, 0 Forex, 0 Max order size, 0 max position size, Risk None, Min Cash Value 0.

Each buy does create a $1 realized loss entry as it should.
    These are all long trades on stocks only.
    No sells have occurred since testing began.

Accounts Tab: Realized PnL = -$20, Unrealized PnL = -$700, Cash Value = +$5k, Net Liquidation = +$18k.

I would assume that if I added the $20 total commissions + $700 unrealized Loss + Net Liquidation of +$18k that it should equal = $20k but it doesn't.

What might I be over looking here?

In the Sim101 account adding up all Commissions + Unrealized Losses + Net Liquidation I'm somehow missing $761.19.

Hello antrux,

Thank you for the post.

I am currently reviewing the details you had provided.

I will need to further review the Net Liquidation column and how it is calculated. Once I have more details on this I should be able to further comment on the comparison you are trying here.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

May be related:
      Originally I had Excess Maintenance, intraday, and Initial Margin columns hidden on the Accounts tab. Should I be calculating these amounts in too?
      In a Sim101 account using Kinetick how are these Margin values derived?

As of today for the first time I noticed a few 'Order Rejected - Not enough excess margin' when the Accounts Tab shows a current Cash Value of ~$600 and the order that was rejected was for $100?

Comment

Hello antrux,

I was able to get further clarification on the value of Net Liquidation. In this case, the documentation does not list a specific equation as it depends on a few items and accounts for multiple values.

The overall calculation relies on the options menu "use last price for PnL" along with the values: CashValue, The value of all long positions, the value of all short position and unrealized PnL. The commissions are not directly used in this calculation.

This will additionally be difficult to calculate manually in the way that you are now if you are trying to do this while the value is changing or if you have other positions placed that are not accounted for. For example, if you are taking a screenshot, I do see that the value can depend on when the screenshot was taken due to UI update frequencies.

You would be able to reach the general net liquidation value by doing the following:

Code:
        (qty * last) + Cash value +/- totalPnL
        Here is an example using AAPL with 100 quantity and commissions enabled, please consider this is a single long position and no other trades have been completed.

we would take:

Code:
        (qty * last) + Cash value +/- totalPnL

(100 * 146.69) + 5266.00 + 65 = 20,000
        If you instead had a positive total PnL, you would subtract at the end instead.

Comment

In only using Total PnL + Cash Value + Net Liquidation does get things to within $65 of the initial account. Best yet.

Really seems odd that the Accounts screen appears to update every second so one would think that Net Liquidation is being calculated as (qty * last) of all symbols from the Positions tab on each update when Use Last Price for PnL is selected. But good enough.

Also I've not found any good answers to why I've gotten Rejected Orders Not Enough Excess Margin when Cash Value has plenty? Any thoughts?

Comment

Hello antrux,

Thank you for the reply.

Without further details about the rejected order, I wouldn't be sure on this. For this question, I would likely suggest to email our platform support directly and create a new ticket for that question as it is unrelated to this post. We would request the Log and Trace files for the time period where this happened and ask you to identify one of the rejected orders so that we can research it further. If you are unsure when this happened last, please wait for this to happen again so we know the specific time and that will speed up the process of review. It would also be helpful to take a screenshot of the control center accounts tab at the time of the error so we have a visual of that information as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes