• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reset or remove Sim account take long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset or remove Sim account take long time

Hi Support,

My NinjaTrader version is 8.05.2 64bit. I have many simulation accounts and like to remove some of them. When I use "Remove Account" from the pop-up menu in the account tab, or reset account by clear history in the edit account window, those two actions take very long time, about more than 1 hour to finish. It is consistent every time when I did the actions. It is really a painful process. Please guide me the correct way to remove sim accounts. Thank you.

Thanks,
    Jim

Hello jxz1995,

Thank you for your note.

I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. I suggest upgrading to the latest version and testing again.

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the download link below.
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Chris Sch.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for quick response. Will do.

Comment

Hi Chris, After upgrading to the v8.0.16.3 and the issue is still resolved. The ninjatrader 8 is taking very long time (about 40 minutes) to finish one account removing. Any advice? Thanks, Jim

Comment

This is likely due to a combination of the size of your database file and the processing power of your PC. What is the size of your database file? To check, follow these steps:
          • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Double left click on the 'db' folder
          • Right-click on 'NinjaTrader.sdf' (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows settings) > Properties
          • Tell me the size
          We advise that you rename your database to resolve this item using the following steps :
          • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
          • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
          • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
          • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
          • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
          To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm
          Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Patrick,
            Thank you for the instructions. My NinjaTrader.sdf file size is 3776KB.
            I did rename the file and restart the software, and moved the file to my backup folder. But the issue is same, it still takes very very long time to remove a Sim account. Any suggestions?

Comment

After renaming your database, all custom sim accounts should have been removed and you should have only been left with a 'fresh' sim101. Was this the case? Or do you still see all of your custom sim accounts still listed after the rename?

At any rate, we'll need more information than can be gathered on the forums to move forward to troubleshoot your issue. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
              • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
              • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
              • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2038753 ATTN Patrick G
              Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Sorry that I got the wrong file sdf file. The file I removed is from the installer folder but not from my documents folder. The size is 375MB. I will follow your instructions one more time.

Thanks,
                Jim

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sezor, Today, 06:52 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sezor
                by sezor

Started by w0lverine, Today, 06:24 AM