• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Alaura
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can set initial Sim101 account values, reset simulator values, and clear order history. To access these settings open the Control Center window select the "Accounts" tab. If the account tab is not visible select the "+" tab button and select 'New accounts'

Resetting Initial Cash value on the Sim101 account

To reset the initial cash value on your account please edit the account as shown above.

In the Simulation Accounts window:
    1.Set the "Initial cash" property to what you want to reset the account to.
    2.Click "reset"

A simulation account reset can take quite some time based on the size of your database and your PC's capabilities. Please let the reset run until it is complete. If you do not want to wait you can rename your database, however unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results.

You can rename your database by following the steps below.
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.sdf
    • Right-click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Hamster
    replied
    Did this ever get resolved ?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    chadnash , thank you for the suggestion.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5291. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-16-2021, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chadnash
    replied
    Hi guys... I would love to see future updates where this feature at least had some form of a progress bar... Or even an estimate /warning before starting that let you know how long the process was going to take. Even if it takes a long time or hours... obviously not something you want to reset at the beginning of the day thinking that a reset might be quick... Maybe the estimate would be based on the size of the DB / average time it takes and I would think it would be possible to show a progress bar as it moves through the process.

So far for me on a very fast system with 52gb of ram its been about 45 minutes but it did just finish. Although resetting or renaming the DB can be a solution, this really can hurt weeks and months of configuration time spent on setups, strategy analyzer logs, backtesting, etc....

Thanks,

Chad
    www.nashtech.xyz
    Last edited by chadnash; 07-11-2021, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• globaljobber
    replied
    Hi Patrick,

I got sooooo frustrated by it, after waiting almost 3hrs I just killed it. It's a joke. It's not professional.

I wasn't prepared to wait any longer.

I am so disappointed by this software issue. I hope you do feed back some of this to those who count. To be honest, NT feels like it was developed in the '80's. Sorry for that, but it needs to be said if you are to compete. Even when you guys brought out NT8 and said it was modern, I must admit I thought - WHAT! Software out there now like tradingview is slick and fast. Click on change of time frame and it is instant. Do that in NT and wait, wait, wat. Clunk, clunk. The interface of Tradingview and perhaps others like Tradovate are just slicker and quicker. Try placing a Volume Profile indicator on a chart and wait, wait until it appears. Do that in Tradovate and it is instant. Customer feedback, that is all.

So my day tomorrow will be spent getting NT back to where it was now I killed the reset. You guys need to do something here if you want to survive. Get some new blood working for you who worked on these new slicker apps perhaps and re-design and re-launch it. There is a lot of potential, but you are falling behind big time. Don't get me wrong, NT has some good stuff. Here are my suggestions to make this a killer product.....

Get a DOM like Jigsaw - yours is not useable by any serious traders. Look into this, it's important.
    Make the interface slicker and faster. Pay a graphics designer to design a nice slick interface and speed up all the indicators somehow.
    Some people complain it hogs memory, but I think that's just C# apps, they all do.
    Get Volume Profile apps integrated such as that by TAS Boxes - gosh if you could figure out their algo to create similar boxes you'd get a lot of subscribers. You've already got VP, you just need to figure out how they assign it to various intraday areas on the chart to create similar VAH, VAL and POC levels.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    This is quite the coincidence that the database is the same size as meantioned by jxz1995 in post #7.

A simulation account reset can take quite some time based on the size of your database and your PC's capabilities. Please let the reset run until it is complete. I'll pass on your feedback about reset time to the Development Team.

If you do not want to wait you can rename your database, however unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results.

You can rename your database by following the steps below.
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.sdf
    • Right-click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

Leave a comment:

• globaljobber
    replied
    Hi Patrick,

The size is 375,268KB.

I know it's a large DB because I've never reset the sim account before. Nevertheless, there needs to be a faster way to complete this procedure. As said, I've done this a few times recently on other sim accounts and it always took 30 mins or so. Thanks for your feedback. Still waiting for sim to reset btw!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    globaljobber, what is the size of your database file? To check, follow these steps:
    • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Double left click on the 'db' folder
    • Right-click on 'NinjaTrader.sdf' (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows settings) > Properties
    • Tell me the size

Leave a comment:

• globaljobber
    replied
    I've got to say this is now August 2020 and I just clicked reset Sim101 account. I have a fast pc with 24GB RAM and TWO HOURS later I am still waiting to be able to use NinjaTrader. This is unacceptable guys. You need to do something about speeding up the resetting of accounts. I've done this a few times recently on other sim accounts and the process was painful, having to wait at least 30mins each time - BUT 2 HOURS!!!!!!

Get a grip. I paid $1000 for this software. I love NT and many people just don't understand all the great features, but to be honest, it is now falling behind other competitor stuff out there in terms of speed and aesthetics. I think you guys need to get a move on to improve it. So many other traders I talk to hate NT. I can understand why, so many things seem to take ages to do and it feels clunky. Just a comment to hopefully help you lot improve this bit of kit and bring it into the 2020's.
    Last edited by globaljobber; 08-21-2020, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jxz1995
    replied
    Hi Patrick,

Sorry that I got the wrong file sdf file. The file I removed is from the installer folder but not from my documents folder. The size is 375MB. I will follow your instructions one more time.

Thanks,
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    After renaming your database, all custom sim accounts should have been removed and you should have only been left with a 'fresh' sim101. Was this the case? Or do you still see all of your custom sim accounts still listed after the rename?

At any rate, we'll need more information than can be gathered on the forums to move forward to troubleshoot your issue. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2038753 ATTN Patrick G

Leave a comment:

• jxz1995
    replied
    Hi Patrick,
    Thank you for the instructions. My NinjaTrader.sdf file size is 3776KB.
    I did rename the file and restart the software, and moved the file to my backup folder. But the issue is same, it still takes very very long time to remove a Sim account. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    This is likely due to a combination of the size of your database file and the processing power of your PC. What is the size of your database file? To check, follow these steps:
    • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Double left click on the 'db' folder
    • Right-click on 'NinjaTrader.sdf' (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows settings) > Properties
    • Tell me the size
    We advise that you rename your database to resolve this item using the following steps :
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
    To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Leave a comment:

• jxz1995
    replied
    Hi Chris, After upgrading to the v8.0.16.3 and the issue is still resolved. The ninjatrader 8 is taking very long time (about 40 minutes) to finish one account removing. Any advice? Thanks, Jim

Leave a comment:

• jxz1995
    replied
    Thank you for quick response. Will do.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post cre8able