Simple MA Crossover - Indicators Did Not Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple MA Crossover - Indicators Did Not Cross

I went live today using a Simple MA Crossover strategy that I've been running in my sim account, but at one point, the strategy closed a long position and entered a short position without the MAs crossing. I've never experienced this with my sim account (running on live data). Why would this happen as soon as I go live?

Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-07-2019, 07:56 AM.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Phone: 312.423.2234
    • Email: orders[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
    We won't be able to investigate in any detail on the forums. Please contact us via email so we may learn more about what occurred. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2040140 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Originally posted by JonTansey View Post
      I went live today using a Simple MA Crossover strategy that I've been running in my sim account, but at one point, the strategy closed a long position and entered a short position without the MAs crossing. I've never experienced this with my sim account (running on live data). Why would this happen as soon as I go live?

Jon -- Not a good idea to post a screenshot that has your account info displayed. Hope you resolved your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveR View Post

Jon -- Not a good idea to post a screenshot that has your account info displayed. Hope you resolved your issue.
        Thanks for pointing that out. I removed the screenshot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes