Unbelievably inefficient support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievably inefficient support

Why is the only form of support for Kinetick through email? Where is the chat support or a phone number? I've spent hours emailing Kinetick back and forth trying to get a change of service set up.

We exchanged 20 emails on the 31st for a change of service on the 1st, where I requested EXACT clarification on how to change service so I wouldn't get charged for my old service as well - and lo & behold, they didn't do what I requested. I got charged for two different data fees - my old and and my new one. I executed the change EXACTLY how I was told to through the emails. Now we have to go through the refund process, which is gonna take god knows how long. Now we're "waiting to hear back from billing" (we've been waiting all day, it's after 5pm CST and still nothing.) Is there a direct contact for the billing department at Kinetick? I've sent 3 emails to Kinetick Support requesting a response before 5:00pm CST, and they completely ignored me.

It is not only with Kinetick but also with NinjaTrader support.
    My last support request resulted in 8 emails.
    We could have been solved the issue quickly through one rapid phone call.
    Waste of everyone's time!

NT could at least ask if we would be interested in a scheduled call.
    I am willing to call NT so they do not spend $$$ on telephone bill.

Is this what they call modern customer service in the name of efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_D_Trader View Post
      It is not only with Kinetick but also with NinjaTrader support.
      My last support request resulted in 8 emails.
      We could have been solved the issue quickly through one rapid phone call.
      Waste of everyone's time!

NT could at least ask if we would be interested in a scheduled call.
      I am willing to call NT so they do not spend $$$ on telephone bill.

Is this what they call modern customer service in the name of efficiency.
      Glad to hear I'm not alone here. I'm in disbelief at how much time this has taken, and they STILL got it wrong. It's an absolute joke that they don't have a phone number to resolve simple issues. Email? Really? Is this 1998? I love waiting 4 hours for a follow up, and then a 1 sentence response. Oh no big deal, it's not like trading is our livelihood or anything. Take your time, put your feet up!

Horribly run company.
      Last edited by quatro; 01-02-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Hello quatro,

I wish to apologize that our support didn't meet your expectations. While we strive to offer the best support possible for all of our products and services we absolutely understand that there is always room for improvement. We also understand that while many of our clients prefer working through email, it is not ideal for everyone. While you are correct that we do not have an inbound phone number for technical support we do make outbound phone calls and even offer remote support upon request. If you, or any other user would prefer to be called please provide a general overview of your inquiry and note within your email that you would like a call.

Thanks for your feedback; my only hope is that you take us up on our offer to provide you with a phone call upon request.

Comment

Very nice reply, NT_James. I've never had an issue with NT Support at all and have been happy with them.

However, I am concerned about quatro's issue with Kinetick, especially since one time I had considered using them until learning their service was worse than what I get with Dorman. Anyway, my point is since NT is constantly showing that Kinetick is NT's preferred data service, than there is some responsibility on YOUR part to support YOUR clients' against Kinetick's very very bad behavior. Either that or stop endorsing them by throwing them business. JMHO

Comment

Kinetick processed an unauthorised charge of A $431 from my credit card 20 days ago today. Despite the omission that the charge was unauthorised and a string of emails, they still haven't processed the refund.

Additionally, I have provided evidence of an international bank charge made on my account, which will also be incurred for the return transaction (if they ever process it). I'v been told by the NT team that they will not refund my expenses on the basis that they are "outside of their control".

Considering that NT has no control over the financial transactions processed for Kinetick services, I can only assume that another unauthorised charge will be made to my account on the 1st of March. The only option now is to cancel my credit card and spend the time changing all my CC debit details over with all my other providers.

My advice is to stay away from Kinetick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH