Outage this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outage this morning?

Hi, I'm wondering if there was there a short outage (price feed servers) this morning at 7:46am PST? My inet was all fine except NT8 disconnected for about 5 minutes.

'm interested if there are troubleshooting steps to diagnose this or if there is a way to trigger NT8 to try and switch its price server immediately.

There was no known outage of any NinjaTrader or data provider server this morning. I suspect the issue was either a temporary loss of internet quality on your end or an issue in the path between you and the necessary servers. We'll need more information to find out what you experienced this disconnect today.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Version: 8.0.16.3 64-bit
      Connected to NTContinuum

No error dialog on screen, but no chart updates and an orange dot in lower left. Log shown below . I didn't try to adjust any order during the outage next time I will.

Log Times are PST:

1/3/2019 7:47:38 Connected
      1/3/2019 7:46:27 am Price Feed Connection Lost
      1/3/2019 5:55:36 am Connected to hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com/31655

If you have a list of servers I wouldn't mind some kind of simple test script where I can just ping like 5 of them manually to immediately gain an understanding about the overall server farm rather than the single server I'm connected to.

Comment

NinjaTrader Continuum is a CQG-based connection. You can find their technical documents here which lists IP addresses and ports:

Here are some other general networking troubleshooting that I would recommend:
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
        • Restart your PC
        • Clear your DNS
        • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
        • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
        • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

Great information. Thanks Patrick. I see the server names listed in the trace file and pinging it matches one of the IP addresses in the CQG pdf so it should be simple to ping a number of their servers to determine if it is a connectivity issue the next time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bmartz
          by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes