Unirenko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unirenko

Why do my unirenko bars on all charts disappear when I shutdown my computer?

Originally posted by BertW View Post
    Why do my unirenko bars on all charts disappear when I shutdown my computer?
    [Because there is no electricity to keep the PC running, because the PC was shutdown, because PCs are electronic
    devices and if you turn them off the electricity supply is off and they simply don't run until you turn them back on.]

[It's like you asked: Why does my car stop moving when I shut the engine off? That sounds dumb, doesn't it?]

Hmm, I'll take a guess what you may be really trying to ask ...

Charts aren't like Word documents or Excel spreadsheets.
    There is no incremental "Save As" to write the chart contents to the hard drive.(*)

Charts must reload every time you start NinjaTrader, indeed every time you open a new chart in
    NinjaTrader, that chart gets freshly loaded as well. This basically means the bars of the previous
    X number of days are downloaded(*) and redrawn in the chart window,

It doesn't matter if its UniRenko, Minute, Range, Tick, etc, they all get rebuilt because nothing
    about the chart window is incrementally saved with a 'Save As' command.

(*)But that's not quite true -- the raw data of past charts can be saved on your hard drive, which
    helps avoid the need to download this raw data again. This raw data is called "Historical data".

My point is: the raw data can be downloaded and then saved to your hard drive (which is step
    1 of the "incremental save" you may be asking about it). But rendering that raw data into the chart
    window -- there is no incremental "Save As" for that rendering part -- all charts must be reloaded and
    re-rendered from raw data (stored on your hard drive or re-downloaded, doesn't matter) but there
    are no shortcuts to the step 2 of actually drawing the bars inside the chart.

Your question, as posted, is hard to comprehend why you'd ask it the way you did.
    Don't you lose everything (if you don't save it) when you shutdown your computer?
    Do you really mean 'shutdown' or 'sleep' or 'restart'?
    They're all a little bit different.

Is this a problem you only see with UniRenko charts or all types of charts?
    Which version of NinjaTrader are you running?

Can you be more specific as to the exact issue you're actually having?
    Last edited by bltdavid; 01-05-2019, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Hello BertW,

Thank you for your note.

Have you saved your workspace before exiting the platform? You would need to save the workspace to ensure the charts load up again upon restart.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I don't know why they removed it either but if you keep your Renko settings and select Graph Draw Type cleanmaster.
        Last edited by Clogstoun15; 03-23-2019, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BertW
          Why do my unirenko bars on all charts disappear when I shutdown my computer? https://essays.agency/buy-essay.html
          Hello,

I'm using the NT8 Unirenko bar (demo version). I always save the workspace before I shutdown the program. I had issues with the blank charts though. Now as I uninstalled the program, it's working normally.
          Last edited by BeeMirror; 07-12-2019, 01:56 AM. Reason: version

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes