ETH High/Low on RTH data series chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETH High/Low on RTH data series chart

Is it possible to use an RTH session template but plot the overnight high and low?

Hello claxxical,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

You would need to overlay an invisible series on your chart that is using the extended session and then change the input series to the invisible series to achieve this behavior.

The steps to overlay a hidden series on your chart are the same as in NinjaTrader 7, please refer to this helpful video on our YouTube channel for further details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_6B...140D7&index=28

For the hidden series, change the trading hours template to the ETH template.

Once you overlay the invisible series, you will need to change the input series in the Current day OHL indicator settings.

Right click on the chart and select Indicators. Then, find the Input series, and select the second series that is presented. The series listed will correspond to the order in which you added them to your chart. If you added the invisible series second, the second series listed will be your invisible series.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is this possible to do without showing blank space for where the ETH data would be? I want to see yesterday's session without a huge empty space in between today and yesterday's RTH.

Comment

Hello claxxical,

If you did this properly, the ETH data will be filled in the proper areas of the chart, there will be no blank space on your charts.

Please ensure that both series are assigned to Panel 1, and that you are using the same bar type and interval on both charts.

Comment

I think I did it right? You can see the settings in the attached picture. Same bar type and interval.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello claxxical,

My apologies, if you want to view the extended session while it is overlayed on your chart, you will have to make the bars visible again by editing the candle body outline, candle wick, color for up bars and down bars.

This will allow you to view the extended session and create an indicator that plots current day OHL values based on that session.

Comment

Ok so going back to my question in the first post...this is impossible to do without some serious custom programming?

Comment

Hello claxxical,

If you are asking if it is possible to overlay the series on top of each other, and hide the ETH session without displaying the gap - then yes, custom programming would be required to avoid this behavior as we don't have a way to reference a different session by default other than applying another data series to the chart.

Comment

I simply asked if it's possible to show the overnight High/Low on an RTH session. But understood, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                  Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB