Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Slow to load after large history of strategy analyzer testing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow to load after large history of strategy analyzer testing...

If I have strategy analyzer up and saved in my workspace then any time I restarts Ninja it can take quite some time to load (minute+). If I close strategy analyzer and save my workspace this is not the case. If I then open the strategy analyzer it takes time to load. My guess is that this has to do with the amount of historical tests I have run saved in the db in order to show up in the analyzer logs.

Is there any way we can purge this data to boost startup time?

Hello fxRichard,
    Thanks for your post.

Those logs are stored inside your \Documents\NinjaTrader 8\strategyanalyzerlogs\ folder.

However, I do not expect that you would get a performance boost from removing the Strategy Analyzer log files. Logs are simply so that you can quickly restore the parameters and backtest information for a given backtest.

Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh,

I checked my folder, I had 32,565 log items, about 1.11 GB in size total. Before deleting them it took 22 seconds to load the analyzer with Ninja already running.

After deleting them it took < 2 seconds to load the strategy analyzer. This was on an i7 with 32gb of ram.

I have another machine with Ninja that is an i5 Surface Pro 4 with only 8gb of ram, it too has 32k+ files and takes even longer to load.

Deleting the files has helped speed up ninja significantly. On a side note I do many optimizations and tests etc.

You guys may want to take this into consideration for feature/bug fix request as after time this slows ninja down quite a bit.

Comment

Thank you NinjaTrader_JoshG, fxRichard this was a big problem for me as well (with 13K files). Emptying the \Documents\NinjaTrader 8\strategyanalyzerlogs\ folder really helped.

Comment

Many Thanks fxRichard !

I've been putting up with huge wait times for Strategy Analyzer to open, for weeks. My log folder was 13 gig with 124K entries.

Strategy Analyzer was taking over a minute to appear.

Now it takes about a second !

Comment

Hello Support,

Can you please make a "Feature Request" where Ninjatrader clears or delete files from \Documents\NinjaTrader 8\strategyanalyzerlogs\ folder on a periodic basis for the performance hit with the Strategy Analyzer window described above ?

Thank you

Comment

rayko, I imagine an automated process would not be implemented as this would force the deletion of files which may be undesirable for users. You can actually remove these logs from within the platform by following these steps:
              • Control Center > Strategy Analyzer
              • Right-click within the display > Enable 'Show log' > At the bottom of the Strategy Analyzer window, you'll now see the log
              • Within the log, left click on the item you wish to remove > Remove
              • Alternatively, choose 'remove all non-pinned'
              Another great feature of performing the removal this way is you can pin specific results that will not be removed when using 'remove all non-pinned'.

Comment

I agree with rayko's request. I believe NT could allow the user to specify that logs older than X number of days would automatically be deleted, or at the very least archived to another folder so they will no longer be loaded automatically when opening the Strategy Analyzer.

Because it is not intuitive, most probably don't realize why the load time is so slow and how to delete the logs.
                Last edited by linuxguru; 05-15-2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4847. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-22-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Waxavi
                  by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes