Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator removal

Hi,

I've just installed an indicator and now want to remove it but it's not showing up in the list via tools>remove nsa... the indicator can be applied to charts however... how do I delete it?

jmcg618,

Thanks for posting.

You could likely use the NinjaScript Editor to delete this item if it doesn't show up as an assembly. The NinjaScript Editor can be opened from the Control Center under New -> NinjaScript Editor. Click "Indicators" to view the installed indicators. Select the indicator from the list and press the Delete key on your keyboard.

More information at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a similar question - I want to delete the SMMA indicator, which appears in the list of available indicators (when I right click from a chart, then select Indicators ).

However the SMMA doesn't appear in the list of indicators under Ninja Script Explorer (accessed from the Control Centre). Thus I cannot delete it. (Not to be confused with the SMA or simple moving average, which I wish to keep).

Thanks for any clarification anyone can bring to this.

Comment

Hello southpacific001,

Am I correct you imported the SMMA indicator using the Tony TChannel Indicator V2 .zip file from the link below?
        This is indicators that Tony used to trade changes as following ‐T3Paint Bar merge into T3Color, you can togger it on/off ‐Enhance to TChannel3, you can togger between MAAverage and SMMA ‐recode TDualRSI (Note this is not RSI of RSI, dual = plot RSI above/below 50 line. ‐fix color scheme in Tchannel ‐fix tdualRSI 1/16/18 […]

When I import this .zip file on my end, I see the SMMA listed in the NinjaScript Editor under Indicators.

If you don't see it, please check if you see the SMMA.cs file at the location below. Delete it while NinjaTrader is shut down.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->bin-->Custom-->Indicators folder.
        Attached Files
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thankyou. SMMA.cs doesn't appear in the bin / custom / indicators folder.

It isn't listed in the indicators folder in Ninja Explorer either. Could it be anywhere else(?) - I definitely see it in indicators accessed from a chart . Cheers

Comment

If you search Windows for SMMA, are you able to find the file?

Comment

I've done a search for SMMA in Windows , with only references to web-based content coming up. . BTW I didn't acquire tne SMMA (smoothed moving average) via a zip file from Tony TC ... . The SMMA was already in my list of indicators , via right-click a chart, select indicators . I'm a newbie to Ninja Trader, with a trial account (if significant ). But I've been advised by the vendor of an indicator I purchased that I should remove the SMMA indicator , otherwise an error message may appear when trying to use the indicator I bought (a red/green dashboard-type indicator, which I still haven't managed to make work). To complicate things, a Vendor Notification pops up saying I don't have a valid licence for the indicator. I have been messaging back and forth with the vendor on this, and they say they have licensed it .

Anyway , I can't remove the SMMA. Is it because I have a trial version of NT? Thanks for your time.
              Last edited by southpacific001; 03-08-2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I suggest to proceed as follows.
                • Shut down NinjaTrader.
                • Navigate to the Documents folder in Windows.
                • Right click the "NinjaTrader 8" folder and select Rename. Name it "NinjaTrader 8 Old". This folder contains all settings and data.
                • Uninstall NinjaTrader via "Add or remove programs".
                • Reinstall NinjaTrader from the link below.
                  https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

I assume you don't have the SMMA indicator anymore. You will have to re-import the indicator you purchased.

You can restore settings and data between the "NinjaTrader 8" folder and "NinjaTrader 8 Old" folder while NinjaTrader is shut down. I have included some file locations below.

Workspaces
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces

Database (ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data)
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf

Chart templates
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Chart

Market Analyzer templates
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Market Analzyer

Other templates
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Strategy, Indicator, etc

Historical data
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->day/minute/tick folders

Market Replay data
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->replay

Indicators
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->bin-->Custom-->Indicator

Strategies
                Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->bin-->Custom-->Strategy

Comment

Thank you for that. What I now realize, having uninstalled the indicator per your suggestion, is that the SMMA does not show in the indicators folder ( accessed via right clicking on a chart, and selecting Indicators) .

Upon re-installing the indicator, and checking the indicators folder (via right click on a chart / Indicators), the SMMA is present in the list of indicators as I scroll down.

So somehow the SMMA indicator is bound up with this indicator I bought. I wish I could delete it and retain the indicator I bought, but the only way it seems, to get rid of SMMA , is to uninstall the indicator .
                  Anyone know of another way to get rid of an indicator in the indicators folder accessed via a chart? Thx

Comment

Question: if I am using a 30 day trial version of NT8 (I signed up via FXCM who are providing the live data feed), can I install addons / indicators I have purchased from 3rd party vendors ? Thanks NT Support, in advance for any clarification you can bring to this. I keep getting a Vendor Notification message stating I do not have a valid licence for an indicator I purchased. I have confirmed with the vendor that the Machine ID is correct, etc.

Comment

Yes, you can install 3rd party add-ons when using the free demo connection. You can typically install 3rd party add-ons at Control Center-->Tools-->Import-->NinjaScript Add-On.

Could it be your license key with the 3rd party vendor is expired?

Comment

Hi Jason,

I bought this indicator last month, and it should be valid for a year. Just running my eyes over the Config.xml file in the NT8 folder on my laptop, I notice there is a second Machine ID, thus:

<LastMachineId>B0C4E113BF94D209FD32FFEBB38A3ADD</LastMachineId>
                        <MachineId2>e01ae5b958af4d1da2c03b5e9c85ee15</MachineId2>

The "<LastMachineId>" ID is the one that was licenced by the vendor. I'm not sure if the second Machine ID with lower case letters is significant. Perhaps someone knows(?). Cheers.

Comment

Can you please provide the vendor the current machine ID, so they can authorize it on their end. You can find the current machine ID at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Comment

Thanks, yes I have done that, and they have licenced and re-licenced the indicator to my Machine ID , however I still get a Vendor Notification (invalid licence) pop up when I try to use the indicator on a chart.

Comment

Did you have to use Control Center-->Help-->3rd Party Licensing after you were re-licensed?

What instructions did the vendor provide in order to use this add-on without error?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes