Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

When trying to change font at properties of chart: Unhandled exception.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When trying to change font at properties of chart: Unhandled exception.

Unhandled exception. Provice value on system.windows.marktup.static.Extension threw an exception

5 minute chart. Right click mouse and then click to change font. System writes many message boxes with the above text. NT8 needs to be killed. Happens with different types of chart including 5 minute chart. NT 8 8.0.16.3 64 bit.

Question: How can I change the font size at chart?

Regards,
    Westvleteren

We'll likely need to you write in via email so we may analyze your specific NinjaTrader files, however, lets see if we can learn more about what you're experiencing here on the forums.

There is no way to directly change a chart's font from the right-click menu. You would need to also click on 'Properties'. Please clarify - you mean you're right clicking on your chart then selecting 'Properties' and this is where the issue occurs? Please elaborate on the exact steps you're taking to run into this issue.

In any case, no error should be occurring during this right-click menu operation. Does the issue occur in safe mode? So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.
    To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Once NinjaTrader has loaded in safe mode, please open a chart and try to reproduce the issue.

Comment

Patrick,

Steps: right click. Click on Properties. At open properties windows click on triangle next to the font information. NT 8 log is immediately flooded with red lines with the message. Same happens in SAVE mode (I checked I was in SAVE mode under Help - About.

What are your guidelines: Re0install NT 8 or would you like additional information from me?

Regards,
      Westvleteren

Comment

I don't know enough about the errors you're experiencing to advise an uninstall/reinstall. We may be able to resolve the issue without being that invasive. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2049539 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

We discovered that the error message being presented was:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Markup.StaticExtension' threw an exception.

Ensuring that your Windows 7 had all important updates installed resolved the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ghoul
          by ghoul

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes