Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 volumetric bidask

Hello,

why are bids and asks different in volumetric chart with ticks and with minutes.

I do not refer to the barshape of course, I mean the bid and ask numbers.

In the attached screenshot I show an example where in the tickchart the numbers are on askside while in minute chart there are bidnumbers>0 (and on the range chart as well bid and ask side the numbers, which I dont have included on the screenshot) When you count up the bid and ask from the minute chart this is the number on the ask side on the tickchart. Why are not bid numbers from the minute chart all on ask side of tickchart?

??

Thank you!

Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonynt; 01-09-2019, 06:46 AM. Reason: Better screenshot and clearifiying

Hello again,

here is the explanation for everyone using replay. When you do a replay and you are adding a chart then you have to go back (maybe at start of day). If not the bid and ask numbers will not match as it is to see in the screenshot with the quesiton above. I got the idea after posting the question but I do not delete, I think it might be a help for anyone. Attached is now the screenshot after scrolling back in time and starting fresh the day.

Best
    Tony
    Attached Files

Comment

tonynt, that's correct - if you want very accurate tick data, you'll want to replay from at least the beginning of the day so that the tick data is loaded in real-time instead of relying on historical data.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

another question concerning data. When connecting NT8 to continuum I have in the minute chart all bars from today while in chart with range bars the "bars of today" start only at 8:13 when I connected and the bar before is yesterday 16:59. Both have in dataseries "use instruments settings", why isnt it plotting the bars in between same as minute chart?

Thank you!
        Tony
        Last edited by tonynt; 01-09-2019, 07:58 AM. Reason: Typing error

Comment

Range charts are not based on time, but based on a specified tick price range. The bar will continue to develop until the price range is broken, at which point a new bar will be created. If that price range is not broken, a new bar will not form. I suspect that there was not enough price movement to meet the range therefore there were no range bars.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB