Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Want to try running your strategy bots on a VPS for free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to try running your strategy bots on a VPS for free?

Hello my friends,

I want to share some good news, for those who are not familiar with VPS servers, they are remote machines that have stable fast internet and power backup, so that you can run your strategies/bots 24/7. Currently there are several companies that offer these services, starting with Google, that will give you free credit to run Ninjatrader on their servers. Google for example is giving $300 usd for free, as part of their trial period, which would allow a Ninjatrader machine to run for at least 3 months. Other companies also give free trials, but Google's offer is hard to beat.

If you are interested in more detailed information, let me know, and I can write more here, otherwise, just go directly to Google Cloud to get your free credit: http://cloud.google.com

Regards,
    Ulises
    ThriftyCoders.com
    ulisesguerrero
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Thrifty Coders

Hi - What might be useful is if you could share your experience of hosting on this platform in terms of what configuration VPS you used (memory etc.) and what sort of NT8 setup you ran (how many instruments, strategies etc), and how it performed.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi pjsmith

The VPS just has to be at least the minimum requirements, 2 GB RAM, etc: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

Runs fine, with 50+ strategies enabled simultaneously. It really depends on the complexity of your code, but you can easily just add more CPU's or Memory.

Regards,
      Ulises
      ThriftyCoders.com
      ulisesguerrero

Comment

Ulises, thanks for the notice!!! (I love to hear about a deal )...

However, I did consider this a few months ago - with Microsoft Azure VM's, but found out that to run NT8 with two strategies that are not aggressive at all (15-20min time-frame), I needed minimum of 4GB and 2 or 4-core CPU at 2.0GHz. With Microsoft Azure, this was getting into $50+/month... so it did not look as the greatest deal ever LOL ... unless you are actually making money (I was only planning for real-life simulation)... Let me know if your experience is different? Either way, I'll check Google's VPS thanks!!!

Comment

Hi Momchi,

Oh there's much cheaper options if you are looking to reduce your expenses to the max. Its just that the Google offer allows you to run for 3 to 6 months totally free.

If you want super cheap, there's alternatives as low as $10 a month for what you are looking for... like Contabo, haven't tried them though.

Regards
          Ulises
          ThriftyCoders.com
          ulisesguerrero

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes