Object refrence not set exception when clicking with mouse wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Object refrence not set exception when clicking with mouse wheel

With some but not all symbols I get an Unhandled Exception: Object reference not set to an instance... when clicking with the mouse wheel in order to see the data window. I have tried opening NT8 from safe mode and the same problem persists in a new workspace. If I change the symbol in the same chart window the problem is apparent symbol related. Can you help please

Thanks
    Hank_R

I cannot reproduce this symptom on my end, so we'll need more information about your PC/NinjaTrader to find out why this is happening on your end

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I followed these steps in an attempt to reproduce the issue:
    • Open NinjaTrader 8
    • Connect to real-time data
    • Open an ES 03-19 1 minute chart
    • Click the middle mouse button/mouse wheel (this brings up the mini data box)
    Are the above steps accurate to what you're doing to create the error? If not, could you clarify what steps I should take?

You mention that the issue appears to be symbol related. Does this mean that this only occurs on certain symbols but not others? Which symbols experience the issue?

Comment

NT8 version 8.0.16.3 64-bit. When I middle click on some symbols eg, TLT, IWM I get a popup: "Unhandled Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object " on other symbols eg, SPY I see the expected mini data box. This also occurs when I change the symbol within the same chart window and the occurs regardless of whether or not indicators or templates are applied to the chart.

The same message is displayed in the log window. Earlier in the day the was also an error regarding a drawing tool downloaded from NT support forum, I deleted the drawing tool and the problem persisted.

Thanks

Comment

TLT and IWM are not programmed into NinjaTrader by default, so these instruments must have been added either manually or by your connection. I suspect we would need to resolve the issue with these custom instruments to resolve the root issue. Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2052454 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree
        by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view