Multiple Data Series Rollover Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Data Series Rollover Issue

Chart data series do not roll properly when it has multiple data series.

Easy to reproduce, just create a chart with three daily data series (i.e. ES, NQ, RTY). When it is time to roll the contracts, only the first data series is rolled, the other series will be unchanged.

This was observed in 8.0.10.

aslane,

Thanks for posting.

I have not been able to replicate this on my end, but I see an older release was in use. I recommend upgrading and retestingTo upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.

1. First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader

2. Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

3. Enter your license key and press Submit

4. Select 'NinjaTrader 8' as you are on NinjaTrader 8

5. Select 'Download'

Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is still happening. I have attached a simple workspace with a single chart with 3 DataSeries. When I rolled this morning, this simple chart rolled the Base symbol, but the other two remain with the previous contract.

This is with latest version of NT 8.0.12
      Attached Files

Comment

aslane,

Thanks for replying.

I'll test this item again on my end and follow up with you here with more information.

Comment

aslane,

I am still unable to reproduce this. So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20180308.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Please take a look at this again. Not sure why you can not reproduce, as it is very basic Still happens in latest version 8.0.14.2.

If you open the attached workspace, you will have a single chart with three data series (ES 03-18, NQ 03-18, RTY 03-18) each in a different panel. The ChartTrader is set to ES.This is depicted in the Before image. After running Tools -> Database Management -> Rollover, the first data series is changed to RTY 09-18 (from ES), and the other two data series are left unchanged. This is shown in the After image. Also, the Chart Trader symbol is changed from ES to RTY, which is also wrong.

Please address.
            Attached Files

Comment

I could not reproduce this issue following these steps:
              • Create a new chart window with three data series - ES 06-18, NQ 06-18, RTY 06-18
              • Navigate to Tools > Database Management
              • Select 'Rollover' > OK

All three data series roll to the current front month.

If these exact steps on your end do not produce the same results, please reach out to us via email as instructed in post #5.

Comment

I am posting back for anyone that searches.

This is still an issue even in the latest version. Ryan from support worked with me, and was able to reproduce the issue. After sending to QA, some envir changes happened (db changes), and they could no longer reproduce, so the issue was closed on their end.

This is one of those difficult problems though, as I can not reproduce when I create in a fresh install of NT. Unfortunately it happens every time when in my normal environment (even after the db changes).

This has been the common theme of many of the issues that I have reported here, and I suspect stems from the new threaded design of NT. Unfortunately, I do not think Ninja has the people that can think thru these kinds of issues.

The really sad thing, is that NinjaTrader takes the tack of if we can not reproduce an issue, then it must not be a problem. The support team is just following the script they are given, so the real issue goes back deeper in the team and eventually falls on NinjaRay.

Comment

I've re-analyzed the case and the information you provided to us via email (ticket #1933776) and did find a still-reproducible scenario when using your workspace only. There is something unique involving your workspace which is causing this symptom.

I've brought this to the attention of the Development Team and we are working on finding the root cause and implementing a solution. I'll follow up via email in the ticket mentioned above when I have any relevant information.

UPDATE: Aslane, we were able to identify and resolve this on our end. The fix tracking number is 13025. Unfortunately the fix did not make it into the next release of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.15.0). However, I will be emailing you shortly with a solution for you.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-27-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I verified that this has been fixed in next release. Thank you for re-looking at this!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    172 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sidlercom80