Please release Mac or Linux version of NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please release Mac or Linux version of NT8

Win 10 force update is unhackable anymore.

No matter what I do and I had tried EVERY solution online to stop Win 10 updates, it would continue to find ways to take over my machine.
    I mean EVERY, don't bother showing me any links.

Please release Mac or Linux version of NT8.

Too much time is spent trying to make Win 10 usable and it would never be for this reason.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 are Windows applications which rely on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System and DOES NOT run on the Mac Operating System.

While we do not officially support running NinjaTrader on a Mac; we have had many clients run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware.

We have specific installation instructions for Parallels and VMWare Fusion which will allow you to run NinjaTrader on your Mac. Below you will find instructions specific to the available options of running NinjaTrader on a Mac computer with the virtualization tools. Please note that Windows is sold separately from BootCamp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
    1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
    2. Press the "Configure" button on the top
    3. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
    4. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
    5. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
    1. Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
    2. Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
    3. Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
    4. Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
    5. Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Apple Boot Camp:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running Apple Boot Camp, there are no special instructions needed.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Win 10 would FORCED UPDATE on VMWare, Boot Camp and Parallels too.
      Last edited by johnnybegoode; 01-14-2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

johnnybegoode, it is my understanding your issue pertains to Windows 10 Home. To resolve the issue, you may wish to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education edition.
        PC World - 2 ways to control Windows 10 automatic updates
        Windows 10 auto updates whether you want it to or not…you can stop that behavior, as long as you know the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Shansen View Post
          johnnybegoode, it is my understanding your issue pertains to Windows 10 Home. To resolve the issue, you may wish to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education edition.
          PC World - 2 ways to control Windows 10 automatic updates
          I'd tried every **** online EVERY, and it still updates I really mean EVERY **** I could find online.

Comment

I used the registry keys and windows 10 professional ... that stopped them

Comment

Tried EVERYTHING, does not work for me. Anymore I just downloaded and installed a program to do just that. Have to keep my fingers cross for now.

Comment

I can sympathize with the frustration that automatic Windows updates can bring, however, we always recommend that you keep Windows up to date as these updates are typically meant to resolve vulnerabilities and bugs in the operating system.

Comment

I am using NT8 on a MacBook Pro 2018 High Sierra running Parallels 14 and also with Bootcamp in the Windows 10 partition. I much prefer how NT8 works in Parallels and the MacOs integration works fine. The only minimal concern is that it drains the battery much faster. I use Do Not Sleep to avoid NT8 crashing every time I spend several minutes with a MacOs desktop when on battery power.

Comment

I sort of understand why you won't support Linux cause of the .net crap. Is it very difficult to do something browser friendly like trading view dot com? I am also considering using a vps type affair such as speedy trading servers that run windows but I remote in on Linux or mac. Alas I am one who refuses to switch from windows 7 to 10.

Comment

A web-based platform is on our radar, however, I couldn't comment further on when or if this will be available.

Comment

Playback hangs too frequently and I could not test my strategy completely.
                        I had to end the program using Task Manager during every playback.
                        I would never know if my strategy would work.
                        I think .NET is unstable
                        Last edited by johnnybegoode; 01-31-2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

johnnybegoode, please contact us via email with your log and trace files so we may troubleshoot the symptom you're reporting.
                          • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                          • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                          • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2055299 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Hi, There is a way to run .NET on Linux. If you are interested, I will get you the details.

Comment

Originally posted by seeseea View Post
                              Hi, There is a way to run .NET on Linux. If you are interested, I will get you the details.
                              I am very interested if you could give the details. Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                              1 response
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Skifree
                              by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                              0 responses