Collapse

Please release Mac or Linux version of NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumbeezi, I still have not be able to stop it from crashing, like you, I really want it to run and will look at it again after Ninja Development decides to help with the effort. Until then, I will just continue on Windows. A creator and innovator you are, Lumbeezi to work on this! God bless you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dennis View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 are Windows applications which rely on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System and DOES NOT run on the Mac Operating System.

While we do not officially support running NinjaTrader on a Mac; we have had many clients run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware.

We have specific installation instructions for Parallels and VMWare Fusion which will allow you to run NinjaTrader on your Mac. Below you will find instructions specific to the available options of running NinjaTrader on a Mac computer with the virtualization tools. Please note that Windows is sold separately from BootCamp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
      1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
      2. Press the "Configure" button on the top
      3. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
      4. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
      5. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
      1. Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
      2. Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
      3. Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
      4. Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
      5. Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Apple Boot Camp:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running Apple Boot Camp, there are no special instructions needed.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      I'm running NT8 in Parallels and it's mostly flawless. Runs super reliably and the only issue I'm seeing is the following:

My mac is plugged in and in my Mac's power settings I have it set to don't sleep
      I have Windows set to full performance and to never sleep

When I'm using the Mac and Parallels -- my CPU fans are going at full speed and I know that everything works perfectly.
      But when I leave the Mac alone for a while, and the screen saver is on (on the Mac side) -- the CPU fans quiet down and when I come back to NT8 -- my live connection is now yellow instead of green and it has lost the connection. If I'm running a strategy - of course -- it's paused as well.
      I need to disconnect from the Demo account and reconnect and then it goes green again.

How can I prevent this from occurring?

Thx --

Ziv.

Comment

I'd recommend contacting Parallels support - there must necessarily be a power saving setting still active which is causing critical components to be disabled and resulting in the symptom you're reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          I'd recommend contacting Parallels support - there must necessarily be a power saving setting still active which is causing critical components to be disabled and resulting in the symptom you're reporting.
          Understood. Will try.

Comment

Guys - I've been researching trading platforms and was really interested by Ninja Trader. No Linux support is a big problem for us though.

One platform to Learn, Play, Profit. Unlock the must have financial tools for the profitable trader. Play Trading games, Win real money. Join for Free!

I did find this - which is quite a promising new startup!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            2 responses
            1 like
            Last Post BarzTrading  
            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH