Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default instruments displayed in dropdown list on Chart and Strat Analyzer

Hey guys -

Where is the list of instruments/contracts stored when I click on the dropdown in upper left of Charts or the middle section of Strategy Analyzer? I keep seeing older contracts appear there and I hit the Delete key to remove them from the list but they keep coming back at later times.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Are you referring to the instruments in your actual instrument lists like Futures, Forex, etc? Or are you referring to the Instruments listed about those sections?

I look forward to your reply.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Dennis,

It's the instrument list in the top left of Charts and the top right of Strat Analyzer.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

The instruments that are listed in the individual list levels of the drop-down menu are the instruments set in the "Instrument List" section of the Control Center.

The instruments listed above the line is the list of your most recently viewed instrument and that will be dictated by any charts you pulled up previously. This is similar to a web browser history.

If you would like to remove instruments from the "Instrument List" you may go to Tools > Instrument Lists.

Next, select the list you want to remove instruments from on the left and on the right you may select and remove whichever instruments you would like.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the clarification. It's the instruments that appear above the line that I'm having an issue with. I still see contracts from 2018 that keep reappearing. When I highlight them and delete them, the next couple of times I click on that list, they re-appear and I'm not selecting those old 2018 contracts anymore.
          Are those stored somewhere that I can find and delete?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible you may have another workspace open that may have these contracts in them?

If you go to the Control Center and go to Workspaces are there any other open workspaces?

Comment

Ah, I see them in one of my older workspaces. Thank you for the clarification. Looks like it's working now!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dennis View Post
                Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

The instruments that are listed in the individual list levels of the drop-down menu are the instruments set in the "Instrument List" section of the Control Center.

The instruments listed above the line is the list of your most recently viewed instrument and that will be dictated by any charts you pulled up previously. This is similar to a web browser history.

If you would like to remove instruments from the "Instrument List" you may go to Tools > Instrument Lists.

Next, select the list you want to remove instruments from on the left and on the right you may select and remove whichever instruments you would like.

Hello,

I´m having a problem with the recently used instruments above the line (under the instruments drop down on a chart)... I want to delete some of the recently used instruments, how do I delete them?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To remove the list of recently viewed instruments, simply hover over the instrument with your mouse and press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To remove the list of recently viewed instruments, simply hover over the instrument with your mouse and press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.

That´s what I thought, but when I hover over and hit delete, nothing happens. Could this be because my keyboard only has a "backspace" button and not a dedicated delete button? Is there a way to delete them in the database, or whatever?

Comment

Hello,

I have tested the "Backspace" button on my keyboard and it also doesn't work.

I also tried resetting my instruments and my instrument lists but unfortunately, the previously view instruments are still there.

Do you have the option of hooking up a keyboard with a delete key?

Comment

Hello,

I have tested the "Backspace" button on my keyboard and it also doesn't work.

I also tried resetting my instruments and my instrument lists but unfortunately, the previously view instruments are still there.

Do you have the option of hooking up a keyboard with a delete key?

Yeh, I can get one if necessary. It´s not that big a deal. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick