Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layering of Colors

Hello,

I've tried to find information about layering of objects to get better appreciation of colors but I haven't had any luck. The issue I am having is that when I have several different objects such as a support bar or order flow grids in different colors, when they overlap the colors add or even combine. For example in the attachment, the underlying red in the support band overlays and makes the different grades of order flow red difficult to see. Similarly, if I were to overlay anything red and blue, I would see purple, not red over blue or vs. I don't know if this is possible in NT but I am used to it in a different platform I used to use where objects overlayed each other rather than merge and blend colors.

Please let me know if there is a setting I have missed to overlay or layer objects, indicators, etc.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

To adjust the overlay of objects on a chart you will need to adjust the "Z-Order".

This may be done by holding the Shift key will you have an indicator or chart item selected and using the mouse scroll wheel to adjust the level of the drawing object or indicator.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dennis,

I'm not sure you understood my question. Perhaps I didn't make it clear. I have tried changing the order with Shift mouse wheel and while it can bring the order flow chart below the resistance band in my attachment effectively hiding a portion of the order flow, If I bring the order flow to the top it always blends with the colored band below it. There is no opaque setting on order flow as there is on the support band so I can overlay it. That's what I'm trying to do.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Currently it's not possible to adjust the Volumetric bar type in a way which would make the boxes appear on top of other objects. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3580. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-22-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks Patrick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM