Ray Global Drawing - how does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Global Drawing - how does it work?

It seems that global drawings in NT8 only work if the charts for each time frame have historical data loaded that overlaps the drawing anchors (start and finish points). Is this correct?

For example: I want to draw a long term trendline on a weekly AAPL chart using a Ray. If the start and end times for the ray anchors are in 2011 and 2013 and I want that ray to show up accurately on a 5min chart for AAPL will the data series for minute data have to go back to 2011? I've experimented with this a bit with global trend lines on Daily charts and the trendline on a 5min chart simply shows up as a vertical line on the first bar of the 5min chart data series.

If this is the case it seems like a big limitation to NT8, I'm hoping this isn't the case. I have a lifetime license but this would make NT8 unusable for my charting needs.....

Thanks

Hello AresBowman,

Thank you for your note.

This would be expected. The lines will differ depending on the chart loaded because of the varying number of bars being shown. The reason you are seeing this behavior is due to the lack of bars on your minute chart.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123