Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader using 1st monitor Height on other monitors when using Windows + Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader using 1st monitor Height on other monitors when using Windows + Arrow

Hello,

I have 2 monitors with resolutions:
    Main (laptop): 1600 x 900
    Second : 2580 x 1080

When I move any of the charts from 1st monitor to the second one and maximize it - it uses full screen area without problems.
    But when I want to move that chart to the right/left side with key combination "Windows+Arrow" - it extends only to the size of the 1st screen, so part (bottom part - below chart) of the monitor size is not used. Well, it's my guess it uses 1st screen resolution, but it doesn't use full Height of the second monitor.

Would be nice to fix it.

/////
    I don't have similar issues with any other applications. Only with Ninjatrader 8 charts.

////
    Also, I cannot manually resize its Height. I can move chart to the unused part of screen but I cannot increase it's Height.

Regards,
    Darek
    Last edited by dariuszszyc; 01-24-2019, 07:40 AM.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

I'm having trouble understanding the exact way in which you're producing this symptom. Could you be more details as to how I would reproduce this on my end?

I am not running into any issues using WINDOWS KEY+ UP or RIGHT or LEFT or DOWN arrow - this all seems to be working properly for me. Can you reproduce the issue if you set both of your monitors to the same resolution? I'd like to eliminate or isolate that variable if possible.

Comment

My version is 8.0.16.3 64-bit

I noticed something interesting. It doesn't happen on a new chart window. It happend only on those windows that were opened from my workspace.

I'll record a video and will attach it.

Comment

Where can I send this video? It's 50 seconds long (3,7 MB) but I'm having all possible issues trying to upload it here.

Comment

I was unable to view your video. Could you upload the video file to a file sharing service like Dropbox or https://www.wetransfer.com/ then attach that link?

If you're unable to reproduce the issue on new windows or in a new workspace, that makes the symptom seem unique to that particular workspace.

Comment

WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files up to 2GB for free.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              If you're unable to reproduce the issue on new windows or in a new workspace, that makes the symptom seem unique to that particular workspace.
              That's probably correct. But I never wanted my workspace to behave like this
              Does NT8 save settings in a workspace that could cause such limitation ?

Comment

I am not aware of any limitation regarding this and I am unable to reproduce the issue you're reporting on my end.

The link you've provided is to wetransfer's home page. You would need to download your video file on your PC, visit wetransfer, upload and send the video to yourself via wetransfer, then copy the download link into your reply.

Comment

I used the option to add url that appeared when writing answer. There are 2 links. When you click "WeTransfer" - it will move you to the video.
                  For some reason - right under it the link to the homepage was added automatically. Click the 1st link for the video.

Comment

Ah, thanks - I watched the video. I see you've got a custom tool bar applied to both charts. If you remove this toolbar from the 'old' chart, does the issue persist?

Unfortunately, I think the best solution based on the information we have so far is to just use the newly created charts that don't experience the issue.

Comment

How can I identify what adds this toolbar? I removed toolbar via "Remove Ninjascript Assembly" and restarted NT but it still appears in workspace charts.
                      Even when I open new chart without indicators, strategies etc- it's still visible.
                      I think it was installed as an add-on, so I also removed it from the bin/Custom/AddOns folder (and again restarted NT) but it still appears.

Comment

Right-click on your chart > indicators. What indicators are applied to the chart? Remove one at a time until the tool bar is no longer present on the chart.

If opening a new chart also has the toolbar, this indicates you have saved the Default chart template to include this indicator. When creating a new chart, make sure to select '<none>' from the 'Load template only (layout, indicators, and style)' drop down list:

To learn more about chart templates, visit the link below:

Comment

Wow, it seems it was really caused by the toolbar. Thank for the help - problem solved.

Comment

however after reinstalling it - there is no issue now. I guess we'll never find out what was the real reason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jeronymite