Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market reply issue

Hello,

I have downloaded some 2016 Q1 data for a few futures symbols (CL, ES, etc). I can see the data available from the Control Center. When I connect to the Playback I cannot select the old symbol (for example CL 05-16) from the list and even if I type it and I load the chart no bars show while I replay the market. I have tried to change the computer date back to 2016 with no luck.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Hello TexFly,

Am I correct you downloaded historical tick data? If so, please make sure you enable 'Historical' and not 'Market Replay' in the Playback window.

Can you please right click in the Playback window and select 'Available Data'. Do you have historical tick data for the time that is being replayed?

Are you able to add the CL 05-16 in an instrument list as per the instructions at the link below under 'Adding or Removing instruments to a list'?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello

I'm having some replay issues as well. It seems I can only go back to October 16th 2017. I have downloaded historical data for CL 11-17 so I can replay September and the beginning of October but the little replay window will only let me connect from Oct.16th to today. Ultimately, I would like to go all the way back to the beginning of the year. Please advise what to do...thanks in advance

Comment

hello

I am able to go back to January 2017 and load up a crude oil chart but i am not getting any movement when i press play. ..please advise..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tradersgrail View Post
          I am able to go back to January 2017 and load up a crude oil chart but i am not getting any movement when i press play. ..please advise..thanks

I have pretty much the same issue. Nov and Dec 2017 work ok, that's it...I have tried historical and market reply settings...I even tried to change date on my computer.

Comment

Hello tradersgrail,

Do you replay Market Replay or historical tick data with the Playback connection?

If you right click in the Playback window and select 'Available Data', do you have Market Replay or historical tick data before October 16th?

Comment

You can only replay data that exists in NinjaTrader. Are you saying you see the data under 'Available Data', but it is not replayed?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Hello tradersgrail,

Do you replay Market Replay or historical tick data with the Playback connection?

If you right click in the Playback window and select 'Available Data', do you have Market Replay or historical tick data before October 16th?
                I have tried both Historical and Market Replay modes for the January 2017 month. Neither one will move the chart. I do see the chart with price action just no movement.

I only have replay data from October 16th 2017 to now. However, I have Historical Data ranging back to 2015.
                Last edited by tradersgrail; 01-12-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Hello tradersgrail,

Did you enable 'Historical' instead of 'Market Replay' in the Playback window? You should be able to replay the historical tick data you have present. If 'Market Replay' data is enabled, it can only replay Market Replay data you have present. Only if set to 'Historical', it will use historical tick data you have present in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    Hello tradersgrail,

Did you enable 'Historical' instead of 'Market Replay' in the Playback window? You should be able to replay the historical tick data you have present. If 'Market Replay' data is enabled, it can only replay Market Replay data you have present. Only if set to 'Historical', it will use historical tick data you have present in NinjaTrader.
                    I did switch it to Historical but am still not getting any movement....just a still chart

Comment

Are you able to reproduce it after a restart of NinjaTrader?

What Start and End date do you have selected. Could they span a large period? If so, please reduce the period to a couple days and check if realtime data is received.

If you select the instrument in a SuperDOM or Order Ticket window, do you receive realtime data there?

In addition, what NinjaTrader version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Comment

I did restart ninja but still no movement. No data in the SuperDOM either. I set the date range at 1/23/2017 - 1/27/2017

NinjaTrader 8 version: 8.0.10.0 64-bit (Standard)

Comment

Do you receive realtime data if you select the CL 03-17 for these dates? The CL 03-17 expiry month uses a rollover date of January 18th 2017.

Comment

no I do not

Comment

Your screenshot shows historical tick data between January 17th and 20th. If you select these Start and End dates in combination with the CL 02-17, do you receive realtime data?

The day that is expanded in the screenshot shows data between 9:00 AM and 11:00 PM. Is this the same for each day? If so, please note that no realtime data will be received outside these hours.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses