Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server"...(NT8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server"...(NT8)

Hi Folks...This afternoon I uninstalled a Beta Version of a well established 3rd party NT vendor. When I restarted NT8, the program launches fine, however, the charts (4) perpetually attempt to load as the charts say "loading." I'm connected OK to my data supplier, however, there is a log error message which states: "Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server..." I did a clean install also, but no luck. I also emailed NT support, however, given it's Sat. afternoon, I may not hear back until late tomorrow evening or Monday. Any idea(s) on how to remedy this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Yes same problem here. Support not great sometimes for us in other timezones on weekends. A reply from NT would be good.

Comment

Experiencing similar issue. I'm surprised we're still waiting on further information and when this will be resolved.

Comment

Same problem for me since around 3:30 PM ET this afternoon. I got a reply from NT customer support saying that:

Maintenance will be finished before the markets open Sunday afternoon so that you can connect to your account again. Weekend maintenance is infrequent but expected.
        I have had similar problems on other weekends, so this issue makes me pretty mad...

If there are any other historical data servers available for my NT8 client to connect to (I'm running NT 8.0.16.3 64-bit, the latest available version), NT8 doesn't seem to be programmed properly to try and connect to them. Instead, after connecting to my data provider (CQG), my connection to NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com is lost almost immediately, and my NT8 client then just sits idle, without connecting to any other NT8 historical data servers, and unable to retrieve the historical data I am trying to populate my charts with.

If this is a maintenance issue, NT's handling of weekend maintenance is UNACCEPTABLE!! NinjaTrader is not handling this situation in a professional manner. For all the money we subscribers pay, we should receive a service that provides historical data 24/7/365. Of course, I understand that there will always be some outages due to unforeseen events, but this outage today does not seem to be due to an unforeseen event. If this is a maintenance issue, the outage today is due solely to poor planning, cheapness, greed, or a combination of all three, on the part of NinjaTrader!!

Like other data providers (e.g., CQG itself, from whom NinjaTrader receives the data I ultimately consume), NinjaTrader should have enough redundancy in their data servers such that they are able to perform weekend maintenance without disrupting data availability to their customers.

For example, if NinjaTrader has 8 NT8 historical data servers available, they should perform maintenance on only a subset of these servers at any given time (say, on 1 - 3 servers at a time) such that there are always enough historical data servers available to provide their PAYING CUSTOMERS with data nonstop, 24/7/365.

Performing maintenance in this way is standard practice throughout the IT industry as a whole for any companies who have customer-facing services that they provide.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM NINJATRADER!!!
        Last edited by flonkle; 01-26-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This may have occurred due to weekend maintenance that was happening on our Historical Data Servers.

Do you still see the same today?

If so, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to [email protected] and reference this forum post.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
          Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          171 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
          Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes