Interactive Brokers with External Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers with External Data Feed

I cant seem to get a decent answer to these questions from IB or NT.
    What is a reliable external data feed for trading Futures with Interactive Brokers?
    Is it possible to use Kinetick data feed to route orders to IB via the TWS without having to use IB data?

Thanks very much.

I maybe wrong but IB has its own data feed and doesn't allow for an external feed. So if you want to use TWS you're bound to the IB data feed. You can connect NT to IB TWS (see NT connection guide) and an external data feed like Kinetick or CQG Continuum. In NT under Tools>Options>Market Data you specify your data feed. When placing an order you select your IB account. Good luck.

Comment

Hello PistolAOA,

Thank you for your note.

You can certainly use an alternate data provider such as Kinetick while connected to your IB account.

Please see the link I've provided below to learn about multiple connections in the platform.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
        Hello PistolAOA,

Thank you for your note.

You can certainly use an alternate data provider such as Kinetick while connected to your IB account.

Please see the link I've provided below to learn about multiple connections in the platform.

Thanks Chris,

So are you saying that I dont require the IB data feed on top of the Kinetick?
        I am aware of being able to use Kinetick with IB, but nobody has including IB have been able to confirm whether this will enable me to place trades directly through the NT interface without the need for a specific data feed from IB...
        This all seems very convoluted.
        Are there any Brokers accepting Australian clients that allow a Kinetick feed without all the additional rquirements such as IB needing to connect to TWS ??

Comment

Hello PistolAOA,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, you should be able to trade with the Kinetick account's real time data subscribed.

You may review our list of supported brokers at the link I've provided below:

NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Comment

I am currently working with Patrick G on a data freezing issue while being connected to Kinetck for data (preferred connection) and IB. Live orders to IB precipitated a freezing of the workspace which needed a Task Manager closure. I will report on the findings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno