Market Replay (no account connection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay (no account connection)

Hey guys...having a problem with my Market Replay. When my buddy opens up Market Replay he gets a green light top and bottom. I only get the bottom. I've
    attached a pic to better explain it. Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	Replay not connecting.png
Views:	196
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1046605

Hello Jugado,

Thank you for your post.

As a first troubleshooter, I would like to perform a 'soft' uninstall and reinstall of your platform.

Following these steps will not affect your data, settings, configuration, NinjaScripts, Workspaces, etc.
    • First, save your license key to a document
    • You can locate your license key by going to Help> License Key
    • Now, exit NinjaTrader and uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Center
    • Once uninstalled you can re-download NinjaTrader from the link below:
    • Paste your license key > Select Submit
    • Download and then run the installer
    Then test again by opening the platform and connecting to the Replay Connection and see if you experience the same behavior.

Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Spencer...just did as you asked, and same problem. I guess I should mention this is a fresh install of Windows 7 pro. (in case I need a driver or something) Thanks

Comment

Just another quick comment...connecting to Kinetick end of day, and Simulated data feed, I get both green lights. (just not on Market Replay) Thanks

Comment

Hello Jugado,

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible that there may be something going on with your database where your accounts are stored.

We advise that you rename your database to resolve this item using the following steps :
          • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
          • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
          • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
          • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
          • Unfortunately, the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
          Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.

Comment

No problem losing data...I just installed NT 8 today, so nothing will be lost. Anyway, did as you asked, but same problem. If you need me to delete everything from scratch and start over
            that's not a problem. I'm just not sure how to uninstall stuff in Documents.

Comment

Hey Spencer...just another quick comment that might shed some light on the issue. The replay charts work fine, and "performance report" shows all info of my trades, and stats. It just does
              not connect on top line. Hope this helps. Thanks

Comment

Hi Spencer...looks like we got it. I completely uninstalled NT8 and deleted the documents folders. Then I downloaded the "previous" release and it works good now. Maybe a bug in the latest
                release? Anyway, thanks for the quick replies and pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Hello Jugado,

Thank you for your reply.

I was unable to replicate this behavior on my end with the newest version.

I am glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved.

If you would like to continue to troubleshoot this item I would be more than happy to take a closer look.

You may write into [email protected] with ATTN Spencer in the subject line along with your old log and trace files from the previous installation if they are still accessible.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your e-mail so I may investigate this matter further.
                  • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                  • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                  Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Hi Spencer...I don't think I'll need any of the new additions to the latest release, so I think I'll just leave it like it is, for now. But, I'll definitely be happy to troubleshoot any
                    problems if I update in the future, or get the same problem. Thanks for your help!
                    Dan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Jon17
                    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM