Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 Exception thrown on chart creation

Hello

I have, for some time, been working on some indicators for NT8. Yesterday, when I finished my indicator, it was working fine. It was plotting as expected both historically and with live data. It compiled with out issue, and still dose. I created a test workspace, created a chart in that work space. applied the desired indicators, including the one I created, then saved a chart template successfully. On this same workspace, I created a second chart with the same symbol on a different time frame, applied the chart template - and everything worked as expected.

The market closed Friday, but I left my charting running, as I also ways do. I came back this evening to work on a second indicator - but before doing so, I went to create a chart and received the following error upon pressing enter after entering the symbol ES 03-19:

unhandled exception: object reference not set to an instance of the object.

I have done many things to find the error without avail, including attaching the NT process to VStudio and putting my code in debug mode. I eventually deleted my test work space (and the charts on it) and made a backup of my indicator and chart template. I then removed my indicator and chart template from ninjatrader from the respective fodlers (NinjaTrader 8\templates\Chart) and (\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom). After doing this, I close ninjatrader 8 and reloaded it. Upon creating a new chart after all of this activity, I still obtain the unhandled exception error. I can open older workspaces with charts and indicators applied without a problem... but I can not create a chart on a new or old workspace without receiving the unhandled exception above.

I have tried everything that I could think of on my end to resolve the problem. Any suggestions that would be helpful in helping me resolve this issue would be helpful. Just to reiterate, my current NT8 setup is free of the indicator that I was working on and the test workspaces and charts that I was using to test it.

Thanks

So, I have been working to try and resolve this unhandled exception error. I checked online to see if I had the latest NinjaTrader 8 build and noticed that my NT 8.0.16.2 wasntthe latest. So I downloaded NT 8.0.17.0, installed it and everything is working once more. I can now create charts. However, now I see a new issue... all of my charts contain the following verbiage on the bottom left …

For maximum accuracy, please run Resolution. Tick on Tick based bars.

What dose this mean?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes