• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release 17 feedback & questions

Added ability to duplicate a window, including all it's tabs

Core

Feature # 13399

The ability to duplicate an entire window and all it's tabs greatly reduces the time to recreate a window's set up.

Yes it would have, if it had been there when I started out as it should have been, could have been :-( Just sayin'. Common sense at the getgo
    Added Hollow Candlestick Chart style

Chart

Feature # 13435

Hollow candlesticks can color the outline/wicks the up/down bar colors and has a separate color for doji bars, all with a transparent center.

To avoid wasting time trying to go figure - is this, as it implies, only for HOLLOW? What's been requested for aeons is this but both hollow and solid candles. I had a third party indicator (devil's work) to do solid on 7.... Kinda got used to horrible black outlines on 8 now anyhow. But Jeez...
    13397 Fixed Chart There was no visual cue on the Global Cross Hair which would indicate which chart the mouse cursor was hovering over
    Could you tell me what the visual cue is please? I don't see anything in Help, nor any configuration options.

Kind regards
    Bruce

Last edited by brucerobinson; 02-03-2019, 10:12 AM.

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your post.

The Hollow candles sticks are just that, hollow, showing only the outline of the bar.

For the global crosshair, the active/directing cursor will show the crosshair with additional short lines at 45, 135, 225, and 315 degrees. I've attached an example below where the chart on the left has the active chart cursor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BruceR-4.PNG
Views:	181
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1046923

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul and thanks.
      Can't understand why candles restricted to hollow not solid but hey ho never mind.
      Re: cursor - as suspected, with imperfect memory I would have had to roll back to 16 to confirm. Thanks.
      Feedback - imho this is not fit for purpose/fixed. The need for this derives from traders using more screen real estate & open charts.
      Firstly, as you have displayed it, the cross is visible against a solid background. Place it over a data series of say candlesticks & it is already barely visible.
      But the Use Case for which such a feature is needed is multiple monitors with several open charts. For example I use 4 X 4k monitors & 18 open charts & this is not fit for that purpose nor I would suggest anyone with anything more than a single monitor (so you know already which monitor it is on) with a small number of charts open. This won't help me at all.

User Gubbar924 has developed an Add-on called 'Cursor tracker Panel highlighter' (which you might bring to the attention of Dev. if not aware) in which in their coder's notes clearly articulates the need/Use Case and provides a solution that is fit for that purpose.
      But, forced down the path of a 3rd party solution due to platform shortcoming & all the attendant risks - even when supposedly responding to user demand.

I appreciate there may be technical reasons Ninja Dev. may not favour Gubbar's approach, my comments are because Ninja's solution, for me, isn't one. Those little crosshairs will be unidentifiable in use.

Just my 10c.
      Kind regards

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your reply.

I will create a feature request to improve the updated global crosshair cursor and will update this thread when I have that information.

Comment

Hello Paul and thanks.
          Other ideas could be that the active crosshairs become a different colour to the non-active rather than the panel highlighter concept. I always prefer simple, as I'm sure do Ninja.
          But I've used the solution offered all day today and can report that for my purposes it is totally and utterly useless and does not fix the 'Lost crosshairs' as purported.
          Kind regards,
          Bruce

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your patience.

The feature request is identified as SFT-3080, "Cursor Highlight a ChartPanel" and your comments, concerns, and suggestions have been noted with the request.

Thank-you.

Comment

Hello Paul & thanks. I guess the key point & what the current solution doesn't do, & the Gubbar924 does, & there is something similar in Windows for highlighting the mouse pointer, is *actively* draw your attention to it by changing. This implementation is still passive so you have to go searching for which crosshairs have the almost invisible difference, it's like 'Where's Waldo', whereas changing crosshairs color, panel highlighting or however you choose to implement 'waves at you' & actively draws your attention to it. Just my 10c Kind regards, Bruce

Comment

Would like to see the regular cursor when mousing over the charts with the crosshair tool. The system cursor is lag free.

No rush, I created an indicator with the code
                Code:
                Mouse.OverrideCursor = Cursors.Arrow;
                Last edited by hurleydood; 02-12-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Hello hurleydood,

Thanks for your post.

Not sure I understand what you are wanting to do. Can you provide further context? Are you talking about doing this only when using Global crosshair or with any crosshair? Are you wanting to use the regular cursor to drive the other charts that are using global crosshair? Appreciate any clarity / example use you can provide so we can best understand your what feature you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                    Hello hurleydood,

Thanks for your post.

Not sure I understand what you are wanting to do. Can you provide further context? Are you talking about doing this only when using Global crosshair or with any crosshair? Are you wanting to use the regular cursor to drive the other charts that are using global crosshair? Appreciate any clarity / example use you can provide so we can best understand your what feature you would like.
                    Sorry about that. This was a possible fix to SFT-3080 by allowing ability to show the hardware cursor, instead of hiding it when using local and global crosshairs.

Also fixes the crosshair/mouse lag. When you use the local/global crosshair you get this sense of lag because when you move the mouse you know mentally the actual cursor position vs what is displayed in real-time. The drawn software cursor and crosshair follows behind the actually cursor position. With that you can tend to overshoot your mouse especially when trying to get price levels quickly. It would be nice if you have the ability either not hide the hardware arrow cursor or change the hardware cursor icon so we know the cursor position in real-time, which is always 100% free from lag. Also fixes "Where's Waldo?" because you see your mouse cursor at all times. Here is a video to demonstrate: https://youtu.be/xquUb8-8WKY

Comment

Hello hurleydood,

Thanks for your reply.

We will be sure to include your proposal with SFT-3080 (and your vote for this feature request).

Thanks for your time and effort to clarify and submit a potential solution with demonstration.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                      8 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rehmans
                      by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                      0 responses