Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick replay - history

Hello,

my computer is basically finished and I have to buy a new one. Anyway, I can still use the old computer to some extent, for example move some files away etc.

So I would like to ask you about tick replay...when I first loaded tick replay data (one year ago), there was approximately 1 year history of it...now it is 2 years of tick replay data (the beginning point remains the same). I am not sure if tick replay files are saving to my computer (or if these files even exist) but now I have a really nice history of tick replay data on some markets and I don´t want to lost it - because I am not really sure that if I load tick replay on a new computer, there will be a 2 year history. So my question is: do these tick replay data exist and if yes, where exactly can I find them?

Thank you for your answer.

Last edited by Wulfgar; 02-03-2019, 10:57 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, I would suggest creating a back up of your current platform on your old PC and restoring it to the new PC with the steps below.
    • Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    • Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
    • Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'
    • Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC.

Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    • Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
    • Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
    • Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it

I have also attached the Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
    12 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DrakeiJosh  
    Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes