Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem loading data in Ninjatrader 8. "Loading..." & "Reload..." not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem loading data in Ninjatrader 8. "Loading..." & "Reload..." not working...

Hey guys,

I'm having various issues loading data in Ninjatrader 8 that I did NOT experience in NT 7. Truth be told, there's been more issues with NT8 than I care for and I actually regret changing since I had zero issues with NT 7, but now there's no turning back. I seem to feel it takes longer to open and load charts also...

1. If my connection is disrupted someway. Say my computer goes to sleep mode.

When repowering my computer AND Ninjatrader - my charts will continue running, but the time series is disrupted with a gap somewhere.

With NT 7, I could always right click my chart and select "Reload All Historical Data" and NT would usually very quickly reload the entire time series.

This does not work with NT 8.

So, instead I have to exit NT 8 and re-open it. Obviously, this takes time...

2. I have a secondary workspace with daily/weekly/monthly charts using Kinetick EOD. I usually view this by end of day/end of week/in weekends. When using this, I disconnect my main connection (IQ Feed), open the workspace and connect to Kinetick. It works just fine to connect, but lately, the charts does NOT update. My last charted day was in the end of December. These are indexes, so no futures roll over issues.

I try to reload historical data, but it just says "Loading..." and nothing happens.

I uninstalled/reinstalled NT 8 this weekend to fix this problem and I was able to set up a new Kinetick EOD workspace just fine, but am now experiencing another variation of the same problem:

3. Opening my NT8 today, my main window loaded just fine, but my secondary chart does not. Please see screenshot below and chart to the right.

As mentioned above, I did a new install this weekend and cleaned out the DB. But it did not seem to help...

Of course - I can close this window and re-create it, but the entire purpose of having a workspace set up is to not have to set it up from scratch all the time. I spent time rebuilding my workspace this weekend and it's frustrating to experience this.

Thanks in advance for help here.

Johnny
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-04-2019, 01:06 PM.

I'm also using the newest NT8 version.

Comment

1. Can you recreate this issue? Or does it seem random? Also, sleep mode/hibernate is not supported. Does this issue ever occur if those are disabled?
      2. Does Kinetick EOD provide you with data which IQFeed does not? I am trying to better understand the need to use Kinetick EOD at all in this scenario.
      3. If I understand the current issue correctly, the chart will never load even if you right-click and select 'reload all historical data', but will load if you close the chart window and open an identical chart? Or does it require a restart of NinjaTrader?

Is there anything different about the chart on the left (working) and the chart on the right (not working)? Or are they the exact same in every way?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        Can you recreate this issue? Or does it seem random? Also, sleep mode/hibernate is not supported. Does this issue ever occur if those are disabled?
        Generally, I don't use sleep mode any longer. I have turned it off. But loss of connection can happen and whenever I try to reload data upon being reconnected, it does not work...Only solution then is to exit NT and launch it again.

I recreated the issue just now.

Before starting to type this, I exited and relaunched. The chart you see on the right actually worked this time. But I tried again one more time now exiting and relaunching and it does NOT work this time... It just says "Loading..."

10 minutes later it's still Loading...

Is there anything different about the chart on the left (working) and the chart on the right (not working)? Or are they the exact same in every way?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        Nope. The chart is actually made by using the "Duplicate in new window" feature from my other window. Exact same data source. Exact same template. Should not be any difference except that I use a bit short lookback period (5 days). Then again, I use a short lookback period on some of my charts on the other window also.

No errors. Nothing in the Log that seems to stand out.

Does Kinetick EOD provide you with data which IQFeed does not? I am trying to better understand the need to use Kinetick EOD at all in this scenario.
        Yes. Data of indexes. S&P 500, NASDAQ, Dow Jones, etc. Not the futures contracts.

If I understand the current issue correctly, the chart will never load even if you right-click and select 'reload all historical data', but will load if you close the chart window and open an identical chart? Or does it require a restart of NinjaTrader?
        Correct. Generally, when facing this issue, the only resolution I've found is a restart of Ninjatrader.

However, with my Kinetick EOD workspace for indexes, I wasn't able to resolve it that way either. The last date I had was from December. Switching last date in properties, switching lookback period, disconnecting/connecting, etc., did not help. So the only way I could fix it was to actually do a full reinstall.

Comment

Another variation happened just now.

I tried to duplicate one of my windows that actually is working streaming live data right now. I get this (and it's still Loading...):

Comment

It's not clear with the information you've shared so far why you're experiencing these symptoms. There are a lot of variables here which will be hard to unpack and isolate on the forums. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2071794 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Hi PatrickG,

Is there any more information I could provide which would be helpful?

I just sent you a mail.

I did notice one message that stood out: "YM ##-## market data is delayed since your account does not have a real-time subscription for the exchange his market trades on"

I do use ES ##-##, but currently not YM ##-##.

Thanks for helping, PatrickG.

Comment

This indicates that YM ##-## is loading somewhere in your workspaces or instrument lists. I've received your email and will be following up shortly.

Comment

This indicates that YM ##-## is loading somewhere in your workspaces or instrument lists. I've received your email and will be following up shortly.
                  Actually, I do have it in my Kinetick EOD workspace with daily charts. But I should have access to YM ##-## as I do ES/NQ, so not sure what that's about. I did close that workspace now though.

Looking forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes