Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prospective new user, questions about Chart Trader

Hello,

I'm looking at buying NJ, after years of trying to use and adapt Amibroker to my real-time trading system.
    I would like to trade from the chart, and have been reading about Chart Trader which seems to provide the features I need.
    Is Chart Trader included in the purchase price?
    Does it allow me to specify the limit entry price, exit stop loss price and target limit price, and calculate the number of shares/contracts to buy, based on a pre-configured maximum loss per trade?
    Does it display the current P/L on the chart|? Does it display the maximum risk, ie the maximum amount that would be lost if the exit stop loss is hit?

I'm confused by the NJ marketing information on the web site, about which features are free and which features are paid. I presently use IB. On this basis, what commissions would I pay per ES futures contact? I htink that the $0.53 is on the basis of using the NT brokerage. Is IB tightly integrated into the NJ broker program?
    Apart from the commissions, would I have to pay any extras fee or purchase any other extras?

I have experience in programming in AFL, Amibroker's scripting language. I realise that this knowledge isn't portable, but what is MJ's language for system development? Is it C#, or Ninja Script?

Many thanks,
    Paul
    Last edited by polomora; 02-04-2019, 02:43 PM.

Hello polomora,

Thank you for your post.

Is Chart Trader included in the purchase price?
    Yes, purchasing or leasing NinjaTrader will allow you to use Chart Trader for live order execution.

Does it allow me to specify the limit entry price, exit stop loss price and target limit price, and calculate the number of shares/contracts to buy, based on a pre-configured maximum loss per trade?
    NinjaTrader's ATM Strategies will allow you pre-define your stop loss and profit target orders before entering a trade. Once your entry order fills, the ATM Strategy will automatically submit your pre-defined stop loss and profit target relative to your average entry price. You can learn more about ATM Strategies at the link below:
    Does it display the current P/L on the chart|? Does it display the maximum risk, ie the maximum amount that would be lost if the exit stop loss is hit?
    Yes, Chart Trader will display your current position at the average entry price, the unrealized PnL, and your pending stop loss and profit target orders.

I'm confused by the NJ marketing information on the web site, about which features are free and which features are paid. I presently use IB. On this basis, what commissions would I pay per ES futures contact? I htink that the $0.53 is on the basis of using the NT brokerage. Is IB tightly integrated into the NJ broker program?
    The commission fees quoted on the NinjaTrader website are only for NinjaTrader Brokerage clients. NinjaTrader supports order execution with Interactive Brokers as a third-party broker. So in this case, Interactive Brokers would determine your account commission rates.

Apart from the commissions, would I have to pay any extras fee or purchase any other extras?
    NinjaTrader would not charge an additional transaction fee if you are trading with a third-party broker like Interactive Brokers.

I have experience in programming in AFL, Amibroker's scripting language. I realise that this knowledge isn't portable, but what is MJ's language for system development? Is it C#, or Ninja Script?
    NinjaScript is the programming language for indicator and strategy development within NinjaTrader. NinjaScript is based on industry-standard C#. You can learn more about NinjaScript development at the following link:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WHICKED