Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Chanel Collapses Chart

Dear Support,

When using the Trend Chanel draw tool the scale jumps to from 0 on the first click and the chart collapses vertically . I recall this issue from before but can't recall the fix.
    Any idea?

Thanks.

I am most suspicious of a default Trend Channel template that may be causing this symptom, however, I don't have enough information to determine that for certain.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

I am not able to reproduce this issue when following these steps:
    • Create an ES 03-19 1 minute chart
    • Use CTRL+2 to choose the Trend Channel tool via hotkey
    • Click once to place my first anchor
    • Click again to place my second anchor
    Can you go into further detail about what steps you're following?

Also, please include a screenshot of the chart once the tool is as you've described it:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I am most suspicious of a default Trend Channel template that may be causing this symptom, however, I don't have enough information to determine that for certain.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

I am not able to reproduce this issue when following these steps:
      • Create an ES 03-19 1 minute chart
      • Use CTRL+2 to choose the Trend Channel tool via hotkey
      • Click once to place my first anchor
      • Click again to place my second anchor
      Can you go into further detail about what steps you're following?

Also, please include a screenshot of the chart once the tool is as you've described it:
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
      I use the last Version 8.0.17.0 64-bit.

See Screen shot 1, the chart condenses on top on first click(vertical scale starts from 0

Pointer will jump around before click 2, then after click 2 stabilizes and vertical scale goes back to normal.

Click 3 becomes normal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 03-19 (Daily) 2019_02_04 (2_32_16 PM)2.png
Views:	161
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1047054Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 03-19 (Daily) 2019_02_04 (2_32_16 PM)3.png
Views:	163
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1047055

Comment

Does this occur on all instruments or just one particular instruments? Something (perhaps the second line of the trend channel) is set to auto-scale and I think this is what is causing the issue.

Let's see if restoring the default template fixes this. After applying the Trend Channel tool, double click on either line. Then click on 'template' at the bottom right. Finally, choose 'reset' then OK. Draw another trend tool as a test. If the issue persists, double check that auto-scale is disabled within the trend channel properties then resave the 'Default' template.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rtwave
        by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes