Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

For maximum accuracy, please run Resolution. Tick on Tick based bars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is
    appearing on my charts. I started seeing this when I upgraded from NT 8.0.16.2 to NT 8.0.17.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	jelQuestion.png
Views:	3364
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	1047157
    Last edited by jeliner; 02-05-2019, 10:04 AM.

Hello jeliner,
    Thanks for your post.

What indicators are on that chart?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
      Hello jeliner,
      Thanks for your post.

What indicators are on that chart?
      There are some custom indicators that I coded myself. For example, the green dashed line is an RSI passed through a fisher transform with scaling modified to support the yellow line indicator which is Ehlers Sine Wave. Pretty much everything on that chart is customized alterations of established indicators or my own custom indicators.

Comment

jeliner,

That message on your chart is coming from one of the scripts on the chart.

If this is not a built in NinjaTrader indicator you would need to reach out to the vendor/developer to find out more information about that message. I would start by checking to see if there is a "Resolution.Tick" setting in one of those scripts. I would also make sure there are no errors or relevant messages on the logs tab of the Control Center.

Comment

jeliner,

Upon further investigation this issue is coming from the Order Flow+ Volume Profile Indicator. To remove this message and gain better accuracy for this tool simply change the "Resolution" setting to "Tick"

Comment

I'm also having this problem, and the "For maximum accuracy..." text is covering up my tick counter indicator text. Please make an option within the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator to get rid of this message. I don't want to use a "resolution tick" because it takes about ten thousand hours to calculate compared to just using it set on "minute". Didn't see much difference when switching it to tick either... not enough of a difference to warrant using it and suffering the calculation time/draw on my system.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3770. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-05-2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

It's been more than a Year since this requests were made and I still get this message blocking my tick counter.
                Are you guys going to take care of this?

Comment

Originally posted by kalalex View Post
                  It's been more than a Year since this requests were made and I still get this message blocking my tick counter.
                  Are you guys going to take care of this?
                  A workaround I recommend is getting Ogres Tick Counter from futures.io. It puts the tick counter in a better spot, right next to the current candle

Comment

It's really funny to see any problem i notice and if I search for that there is a feature request to the development team and it is more than a year and in some case 3+ years. Does NT take can request series? I've lot of feature request for volumetric bars / Footprint and it is outstanding for more than 3 years

Comment

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black-and-white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                      • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                      • Feasibility
                      • Developer bandwidth
                      • Current projects in the queue
                      • Economics
                      You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                      14 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Handclap0241