Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can alerts be maintained for a given instrument even when the chart is not open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can alerts be maintained for a given instrument even when the chart is not open?

Hello. I'm new to NinjaTrader. I maintain a list of 80-odd futures contracts that I check for trading signals, and I need to place alerts on practically all of them. But, for obvious reasons, I cannot have 80 instruments open in my charts simultaneously. If I place an alert on one instrument, say 6A, and I switch to another chart, I get a dialog box saying that if I don't switch the alert to the new instrument (which, for me, would be pointless), the alert will be removed. Am I missing something, or is it not possible to maintain alerts on lots of different instruments without having all those instruments open at the same time?

Hello neil85,

Thank you for your post.

You could use the alerts feature within the Market Analyzer, which is NinjaTrader's answer to the traditional quote sheet, a high powered quote sheet that enables real-time market scanning of multiple instruments based on your own custom criteria. You can use the Market Analyzer to display indicator, market and trade data in a highly customizable manner adding a wide range of functionality to extend the features of traditional quote sheets, such as the ability to view indicator values, create alerts, and link to charts and order-entry windows for instant instrument switching.

In the Market Analyzer, you can add an indicator as a column. Add the indicators you wish to create an alert with to your market analyzer.

Here is the Market Analyzer Overview video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXnKd7pKYXM

The Market Analyzer Display help guide covers these features in detail.

Market Analyzer

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Shawn. I will check that out.

Comment

ok, but how can we place a "price" alert in the market analyzer? ES >= some price, CL >= some price ?

Comment

#trader3000a - it's several years since I gave up on a lot of wasted time in what was then the disaster called Alerts but iirc there is the ability to compare with a Numeric Value as part of the Condition Builder (whether you're creating an Alert in a Chart or Market Analyser - it is the same). So I guess you'd just create your Alert in Market Analyzer and compare the ES, CL Data Series as one part of the Condition Builder and compare it for >= against your manually entered 'some price' Numeric Value in the Alert Condition Builder. Can't see why it wouldn't work, but can't confirm it does.

I would mean opening up the Alert Condition Builder to enter the price every time you wanted it to change of course, which could be rather cumbersome depending on your use case

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses
          1 view