Auto-reconnect after connection drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-reconnect after connection drop

My internet drops for about 2-4 minutes multiple times throughout the day. About half the time, NT8 auto-reconnects to both Kinetick and the NinjaTrader Continuum (Live account) connections. But the other half of the time, Kinetick will still reconnect, but the NT Continuum will not - the light will stay red. When I click "disconnect" on NT Continuum, give it a little time, and then click on it again to reconnect, it won't do anything. Won't go orange or give me any notification. How do I fix this?

Hello quatro,

Thanks for the post.

Please first reboot your modem, router, and PC. There is not much that can be done as far as settings go for a connection in NinjaTrader. There is something going wrong between your home network, your ISP and NinjaTrader Continuum servers. If the hardware reset does not work, contact your ISP and see if they can find any more information on why you are getting these disconnects. If possible, please connect your PC directly to your router through Ethernet and also test on a different computer if possible.

I look forward to hearing of your results.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please read my initial post again. I’’m not looking for help with my actual internet connection, I’’m looking for help with the NT8 platform *automatically reconnecting after I’’m already connected to my internet*. I’’m letting you guys know that there is a bug where NT8 will not reconnect unless you close and re-open the application.
      Last edited by quatro; 02-05-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

yes i experience same thing on occasion. seems to be a little better on this last upgrade, we'll see

Comment

Hello quatro,

Thanks for the reply. I will test out re-connection behavior on my end using TCPView.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello quatro,

Thanks for your patience.

I was not able to reproduce what you are seeing. When I forced a disconnect for NTC and Kinetick, they both reconnected.

Please send me your log and trace files. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: "2073015 ATTN ChrisL"

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post timmbbo
            by timmbbo