Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using TDAmeritrade Data feed- Issues with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using TDAmeritrade Data feed- Issues with it?

Currently have been using TOS and am trying version 8 of NinjaTrader with some NOFT indicators. Thought since I had this data feed, why not use it versus paying for another data feed. When I chart the ES the price on the right does not move. I have heard that this data feed cannot be used with Ninja, but not gotten confirmation from Ninja. Does anyone know. Are there changes to settings that are needed for it to work?

Hello abone,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support forum!

You are only able to retrieve Equities and Index data with the TD Ameritrade connection in NinjaTrader 8 - you can verify this in our help guide here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

TOS acquired TD Ameritrade after the API had already been developed for NT8 - the API has not been updated since which is why you cannot retrieve any futures data with this connection.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanS View Post
      Hello abone,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support forum!

You are only able to retrieve Equities and Index data with the TD Ameritrade connection in NinjaTrader 8 - you can verify this in our help guide here:

TOS acquired TD Ameritrade after the API had already been developed for NT8 - the API has not been updated since which is why you cannot retrieve any futures data with this connection.

Alan, Thanks for your response. Since I am interested in the Noft Order Flow indicator what would you suggest? What are my options?
      Will Ninja 7 work with the TDA data feed for futures? If so, will Noft's indicator also work with version 7?
      Or is my only option for futures and Noft order flow to use version 8 & to pay for another data feed?

Comment

Hello abone,

Your options for data providers are listed in our help guide which I directed you towards, here is the link again for your reference:

NinjaTrader 7 is also only able to pull equities and index data with TD Ameritrade connections.

Addons that are programmed for use with NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 are not compatible for use with NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 simultaneously - you need to use addons that were programmed for use with NT7 and NT8 specifically as there were code breaking changes moving from NT7 to NT8.

Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post LawrenHom  
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes