• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM Reverse Stop-Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Reverse Stop-Loss

I have tried all types of automated workarounds for addressing a very simple requirement: to allow an ATM strategy to apply a Reverse Stop-Loss with a quantity greater than the original Entry quantity.

For example, my Long Entry quantity is 1 contract. If the Stop-Loss is executed, I would like to have the ATM reverse my position at the Stop-Loss so that I have a new Short Entry of 5 contracts with a Target just 3 ticks away.

Why is this of value? Because I have found that it helps me to change a loss into a win (with a high probability).

This requires a simple modification, imo, of simply adding a quantity box for the Reverse At Stop check box along with a Target on the ATM Strategy Parameters window.

Please add this to the list of enhancements for NT8.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ronhb107; 01-20-2018, 02:29 AM.

Hello ronhb107,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have submitted this to our development to consider for a future version of NinjaTrader.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will forward this to you for future reference.

This could be achieved by programming the custom logic into a NinjaScript Strategy. Please let me know if you would like more information about NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ronhb107,

I've received a tracking ID for your request.

Your request to be able to increase the quantity when reversing is being tracked with ID #SFT-2965.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a request will be implemented.

Thank you for your suggestion. Please let me know of any other suggestions you have for NinjaTrader.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM Reverse Stop-Loss

Thanks, Chelsea.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mittie3, Today, 03:33 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post mittie3