Total PnL by instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total PnL by instrument

I'm wondering if NT8 has the ability to show me the Realized PnL and the Total PnL for the day for each individual instrument I am trading?

I typically trade between 3-6 futures contracts each day. Basically, I like to trade to a daily profit or loss target for the day for each instrument, and then quit trading that instrument. I know the accounts tab of the control center will show me my PnL for the account, but I would like to see the daily PnL by instrument.

I'm wondering if NT8 has that capability?

Thanks!

Hello ralett,

Thank you for your post.

You may use the New > Market Analyzer window to show these with the Columns "Realized profit loss" and "Profit loss" (right click > Columns). To add instruments, right click > select Add Instrument. Please see the below section of our help guide for more on the Market Analyzer.

In addition to the following instructional video from our YouTube channel.
    NinjaTrader is an award winning end to end online trading platform for discretionary and automated trading for stocks, futures and forex.Download NinjaTrader...

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For Market Analyzer columns "Realized profit loss" and "Profit loss", the amounts from the prior trading session are persistent into the next trading session and accumulate each day until NT is restarted. Old prior session amounts do not automatically reset to zero at the start of a new trading session. Other than restarting NT, I don't see any way to discard old amounts and reset to zero. So, for traders that only restart NT on weekends, the daily "Realized profit loss" and "Profit loss" amounts are always wrong for every day except Monday. Is there a way to reset/zero the old prior day accumulated amounts without restarting NT?

Comment

Hello Lancer,

Thank you for your note.

Due to several factors relating to the version of your platform, data provider, and database file I will need you to send in an email to [email protected] with your log, trace, and database files. Please follow the instructions below:

Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2074261 ATTN: Steven

I look forward to hearing from you.
        Steven R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response