Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 continuous contract data

Hi.

I'm using NT8 on a demo feed while waiting for my funds to be received for the live account (I signed up for the Ninja brokerage, sent a check via snail mail, still astonished there is no ACH option like every other futures broker). When I select CL ##_## there is no data in the chart. I assume that is because the demo feed does not include that data?

Once I have a "real" Ninja Continuum feed (vs. the demo feed) will I then get the continuous contract data?

On the Demo feed, I can enter CL 03-19 on the chart and still see data that goes back several months. What is the difference between using CL 03-19 to look back beyond the current contract versus using CL ##-##?

Also, how far back can I get tick data for continuous futures contracts? Some brokers limit this which makes modeling charts with range bars or Renko bars in accurate.

Thanks!

Hello ralett,

Continuum does not support continuous contracts and the NinjaTrader Brokerage cannot receive orders placed to continuous contracts.

Kinetick does support continuous contracts.

The 14-day demo accounts use the real-time and historical data as subscribed feeds with funded brokerage accounts.

The merge policy uses the rollover dates to automatically load the previous month as needed and continuous contracts are generally not necessary.

Below is a link to a forum post on merge policies.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...986#post782986

No historical tick, minute, or daily data will be available for continuous contracts with CQG/Continuum connection types.

With subscriptions to Kinetick, when requesting tick data with Kinetick between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm EST you will have access to the last 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full last 180 days available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bill2023  
    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes