Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawTool "Path" Will Not Terminate

Dear Support,

The new draw tool Path is a good idea. However, after used to draw (let's say a zig zag) there is no way to stop or terminate its drawing function ( Not clear or documented how to stop and keep the drawn object on the chart).

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The line may be terminated by double-clicking.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dennis View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The line may be terminated by double-clicking.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      Hi Dennis,

Left double click does not terminate the draw tool. Right click will terminate the draw tool but will also remove the drawn object.

Comment

I have also found a double left click will not define the desired end the Path draw tool.

To test on this I did a clean install of 8.0.17.1. Then I used 4 different (corded) mice to test ending a Path line with a left double click....and none of the 4 mice would terminate the end of the last segment.

I then tested each mouse for left double click on different chart draw tool objects and chart indicators.
        Remember to check the box in chart properties to "Allow the selection or drag/drop"
        when testing a mouse for left double click on chart indicators,

The left double click worked on all of the above objects to bring up properties correctly....
        indicating that all 4 mice were working correctly on double left click.
        Ran through a range of mouse settings also....speed of double click for example....

So...it looks like there's a bug in the Path draw tool...
        This tool does have some potential....

Thanks.....
        Last edited by Alfred; 02-10-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Testing the issue only end, I am seeing the double click end an instance of the Path tool. To clarify, a first initial left click must be placed > then two additional left-clicks in the same location to end the instance will be needed. As a note, moving the mouse even a little will cause another extension to be added to the tool, so I suggest testing with a triple click to end to tool in the same location.

We look forward to assisting further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
            Hello,

Testing the issue only end, I am seeing the double click end an instance of the Path tool. To clarify, a first initial left click must be placed > then two additional left-clicks in the same location to end the instance will be needed. As a note, moving the mouse even a little will cause another extension to be added to the tool, so I suggest testing with a triple click to end to tool in the same location.

Hi...

Tried your suggested triple click method & it does not seem to work....

Would a heavier mouse be helpful to eliminate possible twitching hand mouse movements ??
            What mouse settings are suggested by Ninja to better control ones potential hand twitch ??

Thank you....

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
              Hello,

EricB, Hi

So, if three clicks don't work we should try 4 clicks on the same pixel (x,y). Regardless, any number of left clicks on the last anchor do not terminate the draw function. Only a right click will end the draw function but will also remove the drawn object ( defeats the purpose).

Have you tried this draw tool on a chart? Perhaps post a video if you have figured it out without removing the drawn object.

Cheers!
              Last edited by aligator; 02-11-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Hello alligator & Alfred,

I was able to identify an issue which I believe will resolve your difficulties and it is tracked under #13559.

So that we may verify the resolution with you, could you please send an e-mail to: PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com with the Subject: "ATTN: Michael M 2076699"?

Thank you in advance!
                Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_MichaelM View Post
                  Hello alligator & Alfred,

I was able to identify an issue which I believe will resolve your difficulties and it is tracked under #13559.

So that we may verify the resolution with you, could you please send an e-mail to: PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com with the Subject: "ATTN: Michael M 2076699"?

Thank you in advance!
                  Thanks MichealM,

This is not just my issue and difficulty, anyone using this feature will experience the same. The issue is with this DrawTool and its usefulness, if it remains unfixed.

Perhaps you will fixed it and the resolution will be public in the next version.

Related "Path" Issue Fix: In Version 8.0.17 the feature was defined as System.IO "Path" but was changed to a new NinjaTrader specific definition of "PathTool" in version 8.0.17.1 to avoid compilation error issues.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello alligator,

I can confirm we are working on an alternate implementation of the Path double click for the next release. If you are interested to test these changes prior to the next release, I invite you to e-mail me as per my above post.

Thanks again!
                    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Perr0Grande  
                    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                    0 responses