Cursor Change - Fix 13397

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cursor Change - Fix 13397

Just installed 8.0.17.1, and I am happy that you finally addressed this, but I think it still needs a tweak in next version.

The current chart now has an 'X' at the cursor point, and the inactive charts have the '+'. The 'X' is very distracting and non-intuitive. Also, it does not match the cursor on windows that do not have global cross hairs. Instead, you should show the '+' on the active chart, and show nothing on the inactive charts (other than the actual cross hair lines). Please consider this minor tweak.

I'm not sure I understand your desired differentiation for the chart which currently does not have the mouse over it. Here is an example of the current behavior. The chart on the left shows the 'X' surrounding the meeting point of the vertical and horizontal lines (cross hairs). The chart on the left 'shows nothing but the actual cross hair lines':

Please elaborate on what you'd prefer to see, or what "show nothing on the inactive charts (other than the actual cross hair lines)" means.

Comment

Prior to 17, the cross hair was the same in all of the windows with the global cross-hair set. This was a perceived issue because it could be difficult to know where the cursor is with a large workspace and numerous windows showing the global cross-hair.

After 17 update, the cross-hair is now displayed with a '+' at the cursor point for non-active windows, and a 'X' at the cursor point for the active window. This is a good step in the right direction as you can see a difference. I just find that option to be distracting, as now my main window has this 'X' which when combined with the actual cross-hair vert/horiz lines makes an asterisk.

So there are a couple of options:

1. In the active window, show the normal '+' and the cross-hair vert/horiz lines, and in inactive windows only show the vert/horiz lines with NO marker over the intersection.
      2. Same as #2, but allow for a different stroke to be used for the global inactive cross hair. This is the better option, but would require more work as you need a new setting / doc.

Hope that is clearer.

Comment

Patrick/aslane,
        Patrick - so you're aware this is referred to in my post on 17 which PaulH replied to and has created a feature request.
        Same sentiments/issues as expressed by aslane - interesting both Paul's and your screenshots show the cursor over blank charts - because you can't see it if it's on top of candles! Hoist by your own petards. Fail ;-(
        Like aslane, I find the 'asterisk' to be distracting - no big deal, partly matter of getting used to it. The point is, it is a solution that does not solve the problem - which chart is the live one and where is the pointer on it amongst the background of candles . So if I eventually find the pointer on my 3840 x 8640 pixels of chart desktop, I do so not as a result of the feature that supposedly fixed the problem, and now the crosshairs are 'more messy'.. See attached screenshot - hello Mr Asterisk,, come out come out wherever you are…….

aslane, you might like to look at the add-on I reference in the other thread. I have a pathological hatred for such, and is the only one I have, but no problems so far. When I saw the fix in the release notes I had hoped to consign it to the bin, but alas....

Not trolling, just honest & constructive feedback

Kind regards

Comment

Error uploading screenshot. 2+MB. I'd guess there may be a 2mb limit. Tried as an upload, photo, give up. Anyhoo, it was a screenshot of my entire desktop and the 'asterisk' does nothing to help find the active chart :-(

Comment

I purposefully took the screenshot off of the data to be sure we understood what the elements of the cross hair were/were not.

Bruce, please link to the forum thread you're referring to.

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-915. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB