Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

chart alerts to submit order as ATM strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart alerts to submit order as ATM strategy?

i have chart alerts that trigger an order to submit.

I made sure Chart Trader was on, and that there was an ATM Strategy chosen. But, when the order triggered, there were no target and stop-losses applied

Therefore, i don't see any way to exit the order (except manually).

Do i just need to do so manually? Would Strategy Builder help? I'm new to the features of NT 8.

Hello PLeary,

Thanks for your post.

There are no current means to tie an order generated through an alert to an ATM strategy.

What you can do is after the entry has been made is to go to the "Positions" tab of the control center, locate the position and right mouse click to then select "Apply ATM Strategy" and then select an existing ATM template to apply to the position. The other alternative is as you observed to manually apply a profit and OCO tied stop order.

The strategy builder would not work in this application as it would be unaware of an order placed outside of its coding.

We already have a feature request to allow for selection of an ATM with a chart alert based entry order, identified as SFT-2485, "Alert actions improvements" and we will add your vote to the ATM selection.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul - I successfully applied the ATM strategy to the opened position - I did not know about his feature.

As I'm testing this out, I notice that the alert is submitting more and more orders (I have the alert set to reset on bar close, and my trade strategy is on 1-min candle/bars).

Is there any way to tell the alert to not submit an order if there is already an open position?

Comment

Hello PLeary,

Thanks for your reply.

Applying an ATM to an existing position was one of the 500 driving improvements in creating NT8. I meant to include a reference to the help guide for that, so here it is: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...itions_tab.htm

The chart alerts for placing orders is quite limited and there are no means to check for an existing position.

You may want to look at building a strategy in the strategy builder where you can use most of the features of a strategy such as checking for a position of Long Short or Flat, instead of using chart alerts and manually placed protective orders. If you are new to the strategy builder you will find the conditions and actions very similar in implementation to the chart alerts. Here is a link to the strategy builder help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_builder.htm

Comment

I created a simple strategy in Strategy Builder. My question is - how do I enable or activate the strategy? I know I watched videos about how to do all of this. I'm just not sure if i use the Market Analyzer or which tool. Thanks!

Comment

Hello PLeary,

Thanks for your reply.

The common way is to apply the strategy to the chart and click the "enable" check box of the strategy parameters. All strategies must be manually enabled.

Here is a link on how to run a strategy from a chart: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_strategy.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses