Script Error Issue When Trying to Remove Script Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Error Issue When Trying to Remove Script Assembly

Have STF but not found a way to correct this issue.

Cryptic error message pops-up when navigating to Tools | Remove Script Assembly...

No mention of the specific script(s) or location. I'd like to remove all third-party scripts. I do not wish to correct script errors.

Appreciate your help.

Geary

{First became aware of the issue when trying to export a full backup.}

Hello Interprises,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately you will have to correct the errors before the platform will allow you to remove all third party scripts as simply deleting the files from your NinjaTrader 8 folder would still cause errors due to incorrect references.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column).

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Kate.

There are no third-party indicators listed. The only third-party indicators I would have begin with the letters EGI* and none are listed. So the only ones in that list are Ninjatrader's.

Geary
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Interprises,

Thank you for your reply.

That is a screenshot of the NinjaScript Explorer, where it lists some, but not all of the scripts you have installed. Scripts that are proprietary and not available for editing will not appear in this panel. If you either click the Compile button in the menu bar, or right click anywhere within the window and select "Compile", you should see the errors.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to further assisting you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it! There was a missing metadata file in the bin folder, so I pulled it from a backup. All is well. Thank you for your help, Kate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post maybeimnotrader  
          Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post quantismo