VXN Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VXN Data

Does anybody know the options for getting the VXN (Nasdaq Volatility Index) data feed. Is it offered on Kinetick end of day? Or do you have to purchase this from a data supplier. If so are there different data suppliers? Thanks in advance.

Hello woodyfox

The Kinetick symbol for the Nasdaq Volatility Index is VOLQ.X

Below is a link to the Kinetick Symbol Search page.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do I have to subscribe to their data package or can I get this through free Kinetick End of Day (I only need end of Day). If so, how can I input VOLQ.X into Instrument List?

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

The Kinetick End Of Day feed is preconfigured with every installation of the NinjaTrader platform. If you have not already done so, I would invite you to download NinjaTrader for free at the following link:
        Because the Kinetick End Of Day feed is preconfigured with every installation, you will not need a login ID or password for this connection. Simply go to File > Connect > Kinetick – End Of Day (free).

The Kinetick End Of Day feed will allow you to view data on a daily interval or greater and create daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly charts within NinjaTrader. Here is a quick video tutorial on using NinjaTrader with the Kinetick End Of Day (free) feed:
        If you would like to receive real-time data and create charts on an intra-day interval, you will want to subscribe to a real-time Kinetick feed:
        Kinetick has been optimized to be the fastest, most stable, and most affordable data solution for the NinjaTrader platform. The Basic Service package for $60/month includes historical data for most supported markets and is our base fee for receiving market data. Real-time quotes can be added per exchange to suit your data needs.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
        • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
        • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
        • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
        • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
        • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
        • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
        • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
        • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Comment

Christopher, Thanks for you time. I am already registered owner of the multi license NT. The symbol you gave me of VOLQ.X is not part of the pre-loaded symbols for NT. I have loaded the symbol in the instruments list. Now I get this error. (Errou on reuesting bars series: 'Unknown instrument 'VXN") Here is how I loaded the symbol mapping.
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Sorry wrong pic. This is how I loaded the symbol mapping.
            Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Please try creating an instrument using the settings in the attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	601
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1048332

Comment

Christopher,
                I'm getting this error. https://www.screencast.com/t/ODpXTxCEcV What exchange are you using. I am using https://www.screencast.com/t/Xzgl32TS2
                Thanks for your help.

Comment

Christopher,
                  I'm getting this error. https://www.screencast.com/t/ODpXTxCEcV What exchange are you using.

Comment

I am using https://www.screencast.com/t/Xzgl32TS2
                    Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Please delete and recreate the instrument.

If you continue to experience the same, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...48287-vxn-data

Comment

Christopher,
                        I did get the symbol VOLQ.X to plot. But I did find that the correct Kinetick symbol Map for the VXN is VXN.XO.
                        Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

It appears that there are two volatility indexes for the NASDAQ 100: VOLQ.X is calculated by the NASDAQ and VXN.XO is calculated by the CBOE.

Feel free to contact us if you are ever in need of support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DJ888
                          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes