Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing Stop Attached to Indicator

Newbie here,

Im looking to attach a 40 tick stop to an EMA for my trend trades. I would have some take profit points attached to the order but I would like to have a stop that trails a 15 EMA. How do I go about doing this or finding someone that can develop this for me?

I recognize your question from a recent support email. We want to get some further clarification for exactly what you want. To clarify, here is what you asked for via email:

Im looking to make a strategy that has the following perameters

Take profits at:
    30 ticks
    75 ticks
    150 ticks

Trailing stop of 40 ticks that attaches to an EMA that will close out the rest of the position.

(What would you like the initial stop to be for all of these orders?)

Same as the trailing stop, 40 ticks. My order will be filling on the EMA and my "break trend" point is 40 ticks below the 15 EMA. Thanks for the support, Dennis.
    So, you'd like your stop loss orders to be attached to an EMA (which may or may not cause a trailing effect of the stop loss orders), and also would like your profit target orders to be attached to different EMAs?

What is the period of the EMA you want your profit target orders attached to?

What is the period of the EMA you want your stop loss orders attached to?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-15-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I'm just looking for the stop on the order to attach to an EMA but 40 ticks below it. I don't want to close the position if the price hits the EMA, but I do want to close if the price is 40 ticks below it. My rule is that if the stock price gets 40 cents below the 15 EMA then it breaks trend and I want out automatically.

Comment

This concept is a little complex and perhaps laborious to accomplish via ATM, however, I think it is possible. Rather than type it all out, I've made a short video for you to review:

Is this what you're trying to accomplish?

Comment

YES! Thank you for the help, Patrick. I will run it and see if I have any further questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse